Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I want to attempt a T-line box. Here is the design I came up with. Its a foot longer than it needs to be, how will this affect the output? Total length= 12.39 ft. Please tell me if I'm doing this right.

Posted Image

One thing I noticed is you can make the line a little shorter than what you orginallt wanted it to be, and just throw a little poly fill on the walls, maybe half way, a few pages back I talked about how you can fill a shortened line up, and drop the tunning by a few hz, and it does work, as long as you have a few lbs to mess with, your set.... add some, add more, then more, until it sounds best. You will also at the same time flatten the freq response, wich would be good for a SQ set up...

And as far as the 45s, or corners, just keep them as close as possible in distance from the middle board, as the rest of the box

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I have just build a Quarter Wave / T-Line box for my atomic ap12d1 tuned to 30Hz what do you think

Posted Image

Sweet build Cool, I bet that will sound nice, very well built

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I've heard bad things about kicker's in t-lines/1/4 waves, could it be from installer error or do they not just not like t-lines/1/4 waves?

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

installer, or box design... Ive seen maybe 3 boxes using kicker L7s or L5s, I never heard any

sundown.jpg

Archived