Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I have a tline here, Iam selling today, and I have a 12" sub, with a 2" coil, nothing special, I decided to go all balls out, recorded "Bass I love you" turned the gain up, and with just 250rms, I really REALLY did feel the concrete under me shake, and the girls came out trippin

I will post the design up later on, maybe this is what I can use to re do this thread with

Anyways, what it is,

40hz tline for a 12", I added 1.1-1.2cf in front to do a bandpass tline, kind of horn with it

I ended up cutting the front panel that was sealed to do a 12" mounting on the outside, and well, I have used this design before, and its great- Its what got me a 146 on music with 1800rms about 4 years back

So, what happens, as I measured this on my speaker tester, is there is a gain at 40-38hz as expected, but another really good solid gain , not as high as the 38hz, but still high at 16-20hz area- This was also the 8th wave everyone has been discussing lately on the forums

But this was a higher gain than expected due to the air space in front of the tline itself

So, Bass I love you, was rockin on 250rms and just a 2" coil 12"

I have a 18" low freq driver I really want to do the same design with, but I'am scared for my houses sake!

I will post a vid, but of course, it wont be much to see, or , just fun-ness

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

It was a sealed box up front, but opened it up to do a sub on the outside

I did this once before with a 15" sub set up I did, it was a very flexible tline

42hz Tline, or Iso tline, choked tline, and bandpass design

I will throw that design out there today hopefully too

Iam not working tonite, so Iam bored.. lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

make sure to watch the port area, port length, and corners inside. Believe it or now, by not putting those 45deg corners in the box can kill your output easily. best way to do it is to keep that port area constant, even around the corners. And also, keep the tline tuned to either your bass boost, or the subs Fs, and the Qts, and Qms should be low... things to watch for, and double check

what if my subs qts is .5124 and my qms is 3.47 how would i compensate for that

more than likely better off doing a tapered line, or a horn

I prefer the flared tline or horn style over the tapered tline myself, and is pretty flexible with most subwoofers

sundown.jpg

I give up trying to embed, after a year, it never works, I'am just a tard

the bass sounds nasty as hell on you tube of course, then the vid gets dark when I go to look at my mids slowly going in and out

as stated in the first video, Thats my dogs security post, thats her couch, so don't think my house looks nasty like that.. lol

sundown.jpg

I give up trying to embed, after a year, it never works, I'am just a tard

the bass sounds nasty as hell on you tube of course, then the vid gets dark when I go to look at my mids slowly going in and out

as stated in the first video, Thats my dogs security post, thats her couch, so don't think my house looks nasty like that.. lol

i like it.

Im about to do some test with my 1/8 wave box with my dayton. Ill try to get some of my stuff up here if its any good.

just do a straight pipe, or mdf long box that you can cut to length, do some tones, cut to length, do tones, keep doing that, and writing down results

that is the best way, dont get confused with the math

sundown.jpg

god that sounds brutal!

holy shit man

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

just do a straight pipe, or mdf long box that you can cut to length, do some tones, cut to length, do tones, keep doing that, and writing down results

that is the best way, dont get confused with the math

i was just workin with the box i already had. didnt seem to get a peak at the 8th wave, pretty much just gradually increased to the quarter wave.

then i added stuffing. i still gotta graph it all, just wrote on paper now, but i dont think stuffing helped with the 8th wave, but just flattened the response. once i get wood ill get some test with diff lengths.

Archived