Need a little help

Alright so I decided to build a new computer for valentines day since I was single for the first time in a few years. Long story short. it wont post Now here is the kicker it wont post with the new video card. However I can drop in my old 4850 without an issue what so ever and it post. I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 installed drives called it a day. However I can take my new video card drop it in my old computer and other friends it fires up without any issues. Now what I have tried is pulling the battery out of the mobo letting it set for a while. Installed components out side of case. I have tried swapping video cables for DVI and HDMI and nothing. The weird part is there are no beeps from the computer or anything else. Now I can turn on my speakers with the new card installed and hear the windows 7 chimes and can hear it when it logs me on my account. It does not display video what so ever. I need some help. Somethings got to give. I also made sure it was on the latest bios version as well.

Specs are

gigabyte 970 a-d3p mother board
4 gigs of corsair ram.
amd phenom 2 x4 965
wd 720gb harddrive Recycled
blu ray player recycled from previous build
antec 650 trio power recylced
MSi gtx 660 ti overclock edition

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

got the problem solved. I guess the majority of the Gigabyte boards will not support the factory over clocked GPU cards such as the MSI GTX 660 ti overclocked edition

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

got the problem solved. I guess the majority of the Gigabyte boards will not support the factory over clocked GPU cards such as the MSI GTX 660 ti overclocked edition

Have you checked for an updated motherboard BIOS? That seems like an odd issue given that Gigabyte sells OC'd cards.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

The hard drive is 4 months old It came out of my last build . I ended up swapping out the 660 i got for a 760 and it posted just fine. I had talked to msi and gigabyte both about the issue. Gigabyte said my board specifically does not like the factory over clocked video cards and they are going to be releasing a new bios update to support those cards within the next couple of months. All is well. Thanks for the help fellas. I appreciate it. Next on this list is a ssd for an upgrade

Have you checked for an updated motherboard BIOS? That seems like an odd issue given that Gigabyte sells OC'd cards.

Yep it was on the latest version when I bought the board.

Archived