Jump to content

Need some head deck suggestions


jakmagic

Recommended Posts

Posted

First off I am not very familiar with a lot of the new "high end" audio equipment. Nor have I afforded to get one. I am pretty mechanically inclined when comes to working on autos "doing it myself". Currently I have an old pioneer head unit in my car. Recently I have been coming across a bunch of quality new oem speakers at work that they let me have so if figured what the heck, and mounted some to replace my stock junk. When I mean quality oem speakers, I am talking bout Kicker 1" tweeters (they sound amazing), They would only come as an upgrade in a high end Chrysler SRT vehicle as an option. I also have bunch of different Bose highs, mids and subs "5 1/2' rich bass on had. l have couple Sony Xplod coaxial 3 way 5 1/4". I have some infinity highs too. Any ways I figured if I could upgrade my sound for free why not. Currently because of the winter (cold) , I have only managed to get a Kicker tweeter in my passenger door and put the Bose 6"x 9" 's in the back. The Kicker sounds awesome but the Bose only sound good up to like a mid volume. I plan on trying to get one of the Xplod s mounted in my passenger door today, to see how it sounds. I have 3 of the Sonys so if it sounds good I may try to mount them in back too in place of the Bose. I am a little new to installing car audio instead of head decks. I have been soldering everything, not using butt connecters or spades to try to help with sound quality. All things said I was at Best Buy yesterday and wanted too look into a quality newer head unit. (I know to most of the experienced users on here BB doesn't sell quality units as in 800-1000 dollar decks) I am pretty much beginning my system building and want something nice to start with and build off. I don't use blue tooth, hd radio, wireless Ipod, or care for anything that works with my phone crap. Hell I couldn't even barely put up with half the head deck changing colors and all that dumb stuff. I just want a 1 din deck that consists of a input jacks on the face. The biggest factors to me are having it have a GOOD in depth equalizer and somewhat user friendly controls. (some of the ones I was playing were a pain to use the buttons and controls) I would really also like to find one that I can connect pre-amp highs or mids from the back. Not just the red and white Rca outputs (subs) on the back. I already know I am not going to get this because the price will jump so much more, but ideally I would want it to have an equalizer for each individual speaker or at minimum let me equalize my fronts separate from my rears.

Like I said, I have a Pioneer now which is getting old and has no input jacks (no Ipod) and I has done its job and hasn't skipped a beat, user friendly controls. I didn't have much time at Best Buy yesterday so I didn't get to play with all there functions and controls, but there was a Kenwood that might be something Id like. I would have waited to read some reviews first anyways. Can anybody give me any suggestions on a quality unit that can suet my beginner needs now and that has potential to build better in the near future? Also earlier I was talking about those nice Kicker tweets which I have bunch of extra ones. With just those hooked up I can max volume and words and sound is crystal clear. They all are brand new too. If anyone would like to see them, I could post some pics of them. To anybody that can reply to give me any suggestions, Thanks a bunch !!! Sincerely, Jakmagic a.k.a forum noob!

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Posted

Maybe missed it but what's your budget? I love the shit out of my pioneer 80prs. Believe it can be had for under $300. Lots of upgrade potential with that. Built in processor so you get more control

SMDSIG3.png

Posted

I planned on keeping cost under 200$ or so but if it was something I really liked I could bump it up. I am somewhat an amateur to car audio equipment but motivated to improve that. As for the processor, I am not familiar with them. Does anyone know a place with info and specs on them? Maybe even a place where one can be found at a good deal? Also thanks for taking your time to reply.

97 Buick LeSabre with stock 140 amp alternator

XS Power D3400 (under the hood) using pdb distro blocks

Big 3 done with 2/0 ga welding cable

Alpine CDE-HD149BT head unit

CT Sounds Meso 6.5" components

CT Sounds 60.4

CT Sounds 1400.1

Fi Q 12 D2 with cooling in 2.5 net tuned @32 hz (box built by Sound Mekanix Customs)

Bunch of Sky High 1/0 ga & 4 ga cable (plus fuse holders)

Connection BT2 & BT4 550 (Audison) RCA's

Bunch of Mojo Mat

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1034 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...