Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

well, i have been threw this build with my frend exacathe, and im shocked at how this tread have been going, he asked a genuine question, and people were talking about how he wired the sub in series, yes i seen the pic some else posted about how to wires subs in series, that work too but wouldnt make a diff compaired to how he had it wired, the way electrons push threw the wire in that short of a distance wouldnt make much of a difference, also speaking from from experiance wired many diff subs different ways , and the whole thing about one rca effecting one sub but not the other on a mono amp make no sence, becuase if u had two rca signals comining into the amp any voltage difference good or bad would be dealt with in the input stage b4 going to the output stage to the subs, so no matter what both sub would be reciving the same signal, weather u had a ipod pluged into the l input and my bitchy mother pluged into the r input its gonna be the same for signal for both subs , hence mono amp :/,. changing the wiring from series to parallel didnt make a difference, we even swaped the drivers in the box to see if for some stupid reason it was box dynamics, but it wasn't so we have come down to it being incomplete break-in like another person has posted on her eirler (btw who ever posted that thank you, you are not just shitting out your mouth :), were not 100% but we give it a bit and go from there, becuase everything test fine and break in is the only thing that makes sence, beside a defective woofer, which i highly dout becaue fi make good shit, :) plus we have ran them b4 and no prob and everything test fine

btw some people have a sounds theyh wanna hear not just flat line respone, liek myself i LOVE the LOWS, personally if i wanna head 40_60 hertz bass ill use my stupid stereo at home, also any noob can use a sony exploed in a walmart or bassworks box and have sone high freq bass, lows are just AWSOME, imo, lol too each their own

btw some people have a sounds theyh wanna hear not just flat line respone, liek myself i LOVE the LOWS, personally if i wanna head 40_60 hertz bass ill use my stupid stereo at home, also any noob can use a sony exploed in a walmart or bassworks box and have sone high freq bass, lows are just AWSOME, imo, lol too each their own

i like lows too...but being able to play multiple frequency songs like no hands or white girl, and having an actual note there instead of silence, is good.

oh boy. here we go.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Then you don't play those songs because you don't like the way it sounds, And there is not complete silence, you get music, just not the highs from your drivers.

Which is exactly how I like it.

what if i like those songs.....you are a strange man.

i like lows too...but being able to play multiple frequency songs like no hands or white girl, and having an actual note there instead of silence, is good.

i understand what ur saying and its make sence, i have built a few box's and they have peaked out like a bastered just where i want it, yea so what im weird liek that lol, but this box were are speaking of actually has a decent responce, definalty not flat, but u would be surprised

Archived