Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

ryley

he made a negative comment because he got annoyed people where making a suggestion. yes it could get annoying and yes i could see myself getting annoyed. wouldn't it be better to simply give an answer such as "i really don't think its the wiring guys thanks but please make other suggestions"? i mean that whould have been the logical response rather then throwing jabs like a 17 year old.

true veyr true, but when i tell someone something and i keep getting the same repeated awser, my patience grow short, i understand people were trying to help him, i also see him telling people that what they were saying wasn't the problem, and people got all pissed,

You can run your lpf wherever you want OP.

But people saying otherwise just think there is no point because it wont hurt to run it at 65 or 70 or 80. Just cause you run your LPF to say 65 doesnt mean you cant play lows. It just means you can play lows and highs.

Most music i have heard pretty much plays one note at a time when it comes to bass. It's not like the mid range where you have vocals, guitar, drums, and so on.

With bass its pretty much one note, another note, another note.

Thats just my .02.

Like i said, it wont hurt to run it higher, but its your setup you can run it where you like it. But if you want to kill lows below 40, play music with lows below 40. The filter isnt going to help you get more output by setting it lower.

yes but it will help cut out freq u dont wanna play, by there not wasting power and possibly distorting on freq u dont wanna play, isnt that the same reason u have a subsonic filter?

you are not going to "waste" anything. lol Like i said, not my build he can set his lpf wherever he wants.

umm yea, say if ur box done not reproduce 40hz+ very well at all, and ur play a song that half say 40hz and other half 20 hz, why make ur amp push power to ur subs at that 40 hz when its not gonna do anything anyways, rather then make the amp do nothing and save battery power, yea i understand if u got plenty of batteries then u dont have that prob, but not every bass enthousiast has money to throw at equipment, so they make do with what they have, and having that filter would help..

So, spend all your money on subs and amp, dont buy electrical to support it. Sound about right. You are justifying and bad decision with another bad decision.

You can run your lpf wherever you want OP.

But people saying otherwise just think there is no point because it wont hurt to run it at 65 or 70 or 80. Just cause you run your LPF to say 65 doesnt mean you cant play lows. It just means you can play lows and highs.

Most music i have heard pretty much plays one note at a time when it comes to bass. It's not like the mid range where you have vocals, guitar, drums, and so on.

With bass its pretty much one note, another note, another note.

Thats just my .02.

Like i said, it wont hurt to run it higher, but its your setup you can run it where you like it. But if you want to kill lows below 40, play music with lows below 40. The filter isnt going to help you get more output by setting it lower.

yes but it will help cut out freq u dont wanna play, by there not wasting power and possibly distorting on freq u dont wanna play, isnt that the same reason u have a subsonic filter?

you are not going to "waste" anything. lol Like i said, not my build he can set his lpf wherever he wants.

umm yea, say if ur box done not reproduce 40hz+ very well at all, and ur play a song that half say 40hz and other half 20 hz, why make ur amp push power to ur subs at that 40 hz when its not gonna do anything anyways, rather then make the amp do nothing and save battery power, yea i understand if u got plenty of batteries then u dont have that prob, but not every bass enthousiast has money to throw at equipment, so they make do with what they have, and having that filter would help..

So, spend all your money on subs and amp, dont buy electrical to support it. Sound about right. You are justifying and bad decision with another bad decision.

no im saying not every one has money to throw at a whole stereo at once, so we build on it, so yea to some of us it sounds right, so ur saying people who have bass for a hobbie and cant afford everything at once and build on it so we have to deal with what we got and make it work as good as possible are just bad decision makers?? ur a dick, just my opinion -_-

So not playing above 40Hz is a bad decision? That is pretty opinionated. Also not being able to afford the electrical to support the system yet is a possibility, do you think everyone buys every single thing for an audio system, gets it all the same day, and puts it all in the day day? This shit is expensive, one day at a time.

So not playing above 40Hz is a bad decision? That is pretty opinionated. Also not being able to afford the electrical to support the system yet is a possibility, do you think everyone buys every single thing for an audio system, gets it all the same day, and puts it all in the day day? This shit is expensive, one day at a time.

thank you

let me explain something here...

op got annoyed, took a jab at people. people got offensive and jabbed back. issue with the system still going on. more jabs back and forth. then more. still an issue with the sub. more jabs.

now ignore all that and go back to the issue

checked wiring (subs must have been out) multiple times and it was wired as you wanted it. a suggestion to try different wiring was made. why? because maybe just maybe for some reason the amp or subs were not agreeing with the wiring. out of the multiple times you checked wiring (subs had to be out for that) you didn't once mention anything about trying to wire it differently. why was that not mentioned? like you said your not rewiring it differently to a 4ohm load, why because you don't want to take the subs out (even though you must have had the subs out multiple times in order to check your wiring). people saw that you said you checked and it was fine but that you didn't once try a different method to wire it. so you weren't fully ruling that out so it was suggested again and again. that is called elimination of possible issues.

that where the jabs started and the help ended.

so where in all that could it have gone better? maybe by you attempting a different wiring to rule it out? maybe not taking a jab just because you were annoyed about the same advice? maybe just maybe by mentioning that yes one sub had more use then the other which would have gave the full story.

sorry but your jabs that sent the thread off track and you not giving the full story was the issue here.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I didnt say anything about that. Jeezus man. I said Spending all your money on subs and an amp with no electrical was a bad decision. Fuck this, im out of here. You are way to defensive and way to sensitive.

What the hell is your deal?

Archived