Sundown Audio

Affordable " High quality" amps?

YukonDCXL

So the BC 5500 really puts out that power? also my subs are dual two's so I can only wire down to two ohms. is that enough power to push them hard?

yeah. buddy of mine has four of them at .3 each on 4 team fi 15's. does easy 160's.

recone the subs to get the power out of the amp its only rated at 2800 at 2ohm either that or wire to .5 but you are going to have to add to your electrical to do that it sounds like

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Look for a used AB 500.1, DC 5k, Cendo BC5500D, Sundown 4500, Sundown 5000D

All of those will be in the 800-1000 range (Ive seen mint ones drop for $750, just gotta keep your eyes peeled)

Better wait and get what you want than get stuck with less power just because you got impatient. Good luck

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Check the used section on here for a saz4500d, crescendo bc5500d, 2x Crescendo 3k's(older amps).

You can get amps at sweet prices here, especially from guys with bigger builds that have a really well documented history.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I just got them a week ago lol I would hate to recone. So if I strap amps amps then 2 ohm is okay since each amp is 1 ohm?

if you strap two amps (that are identical, and have the ability to strap) then yes 2 ohms makes each amp see 1 ohm

Archived