hammiethebasshead Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 So I pull my car up from my parking spot at work to be closer to the store when I close it and let it idle for a minute while I am taking a smoke break and listening to music. When I get out to finish things up inside I notice a nice little puddle of about 1-2 quarts of my transmission fluid on the ground under my car. So I finish up what I need to do and go to check out why I am leaking tranny fluid and discover that while my car was just sitting in it's parking spot minding it's own business while I worked 10 hours it developed a tiny pinhole leak in one of the transmission lines. So now I am out of a car for a couple days unless I can convince my step-dad to let me borrow his jeep for a couple days and have to replace a transmission line, will go ahead and replace tranny fluid (import fluid and I run the expensive stuff) and probably all my coolant as well since I will most likely have to take the lower radiator hose off to get to the line. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
SnowDrifter Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Sucks!Good news is transmission lines are usually a pretty easy fix. Coolant flush won't do you any harm ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
hammiethebasshead Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 yea the only upside is I love doing the work (i'm going to school to be a mechanic) and a flush couldn't hurt even though the radiator is only like 6 months old. I just don't like being out of a vehicle and spending the money. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
SnowDrifter Posted February 19, 2014 Report Posted February 19, 2014 Yeah I feel you there. Anytime I do stuff on my car, if it needs to be pulled apart in any way: it always turns into a project because I do the "I have it apart, might as well do this too" things. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
hammiethebasshead Posted February 19, 2014 Author Report Posted February 19, 2014 yea I'm the same way. and sometimes it gets expensive lol. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.