snyderd758 Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 I am going to construct an enclosure for 2 new gen alpine type r 10's I was gonna slot port it but a 4x4 slot port comes out to approx 26 in and I would have to put in a bend. So I bought a 3 and 4 inch precision port kit(2 of each). I'm building seperated boxes with a net volume of 1.3 cu ft. If I use the 4 inch I still have to bend the port if I use the 3 inch I don't but I am concerned about port noise each sub will get 600watts apiece from a jl audio 1200/1v3. Can I use the 3 inch port kit or will noise be an issue? If I have to use the 4 inch where can I find a 45 that will fit it? And how will a 45 affect the tuning and the some in general?
Seymore Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 I've used those ports before, I didn't have any port noise with an 8" sub and a 2" port. I'd still try to use the 4" ports if it wouldn't be that more difficult, you can't have too much port. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
snyderd758 Posted February 21, 2014 Author Report Posted February 21, 2014 That's what I'm leaning towards I'm just concerned about the 45. Anyone else ever use a 45 with flared ports?
ToNasty Posted February 21, 2014 Report Posted February 21, 2014 When you use a 45 on a aero you measure the center on the 45. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
snyderd758 Posted February 21, 2014 Author Report Posted February 21, 2014 When you use a 45 on a aero you measure the center on the 45. Ok. All of the posts I can find about bends in ports says it changes your tuning and can introduce port noise. I think I'm just gonna have try it and see how it sounds. I have schedule 40 45's and the precision port pipe that came in the kit is a lot smaller(thin wall) if anyone has used 45's with these before what did you use for a good fit?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.