cbelott Posted February 24, 2014 Report Posted February 24, 2014 I just purchased a 12" DC Audio LVL 4 subwoofer and a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1BDCP amp. I am looking and willing to pay a little bit of money to someone to help me design the best possible box for it. I need a 1.5 cubic foot ported box, not sure how many square inches of port area are needed or what the box should be tuned to. It's going into a 2014 Subaru WRX, which has a bit of a weird trunk to it. Right behind the seat it comes towards the end of the car 12" then angles down at 45 degrees 7" then flattens back out 18" to the end of the trunk. I was considering a box that has that angle on the bottom of the box to try to leave space for some small items in the trunk if needed. my trunk is 42" wide and as for height, it is 12" high before that 45 degree drop and 17" high after the drop off. I'm wanting a box that really delivers a solid blow, it'll be used daily not going to be entering competitions but i definitely would love a sound that could compete.. Again I'm willing to throw some money somebodies way for the assistance. Thank you very much!
Joe X Posted February 24, 2014 Report Posted February 24, 2014 The following should be setup subs/port back, trying port driver's side first, port needs at least 3" of free airspace in front of it, subsonic filter to 28Hz, figure is only an assembly guide :
cbelott Posted February 24, 2014 Author Report Posted February 24, 2014 Thank you very much! you've made a very happy subaru owner!
cbelott Posted February 25, 2014 Author Report Posted February 25, 2014 What is the total port volume?
cbelott Posted February 25, 2014 Author Report Posted February 25, 2014 What is the total port volume?
Joe X Posted February 25, 2014 Report Posted February 25, 2014 Port area is 34 3/8 square inches, port volume is 0.949 cubic feet included the internal port walls (sketchup verifiable), port volume is not relevant to the operation of the enclosure. What you should be clear is that the enclosure have enough clearance to th rear end of the trunk while it doesn't go over that 45 deg slant. If you would need some tweaking on the dimensions let me know and I will change it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.