Xplay75 Posted March 1, 2014 Report Posted March 1, 2014 Building a box for 1 ab xo 15 on a cheap 1500.2 amp im using re box designer im tuning around 30hz for the lows 31x21x16.5 with a 3in port thats 23.5 long. Sq port area is 45 box volume is 4.3 after port displacement
Krakin Posted March 1, 2014 Report Posted March 1, 2014 How are you getting 45 sq inches from a 3 inch port? Or is it 23.5 inches tall? Either way I would renter all the info you can into Torres Calc that you can to get a much more accurate prediction compared to RE. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Xplay75 Posted March 2, 2014 Author Report Posted March 2, 2014 Sorry guys I wrote that wrong the box size is 31x21x16.5 the port is 15in tall 3in wide and 23.5 long does that make more sence now with the 45sq of port now
Seymore Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 Box is kinda smallish IMO. I'd shoot for 5-6 cuft and 80 sq in of port if you can.If you can't fit anything else, then it'll still pound in that box. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Kprice89 Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 Also I recommend using torres box tuner instead of re box calculator That could get interested with her potential positions, this being one of the better.. As soon as we started getting into it though, I'd have to toss her a serious taint/balls teabag from hell though with her head right there.-Marlo Stanfield 2 RE Audio SX 18's Audiobahn 2200 Amplifier (soon to be upgraded) 14.34cuft@33hz enclosure JVC kdr600 headunit(soon to be upgraded) Big Three Performed (upgrading alternator and adding more battery power soon)
Xplay75 Posted March 4, 2014 Author Report Posted March 4, 2014 Thanks guy's I downloaded Torres and im gonna use that for my box im going to use cardboard boxes to see what's the biggest box I can fit thru the opening of my trunk and then ill fine tune my box
Seymore Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 sweet baby jesus good luck with all that.we're here if you need help 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.