troubles with astron power supply and 2012 Ford Edge

ok so im trying to figure this out and i cant seem to figure it out ... i have a 50A astron power supply that i use for my capri and will start using on my edge ... with the capri everything works good ... the edge ... not so much

before you think i have already checked and re checked all the wiring and nothing is crossed, messed up, or wrong.

when i plug the astron up to the edge ( which is wired in the back of the car with a 50A plug that goes into the distro blocks which then goes directly into the battery terminals up front. when the car is off the astron does nothing ... the amp meter does not move ... now the minute you turn the key to the acc. position ... it pegs the astron and maxes out the amp meter WAY past the 50amp mark ...

im thinking it has something to do with the computer but i dont see how when what would happen if i wanted to jump start the car ... the jumping car would be 14V which the astron is set at and you turn the key on to start car ...

Just really confused about it and trying to figure it out before spring break nationals... let me know what you guys can think of.

Archived