Codymac88 Posted March 3, 2014 Report Posted March 3, 2014 Hey guys, I'm trying to design a box for my 18s but I'm not sure if I want to go with a wall or not...looking for suggestions/inputs. The subs are incriminator audio death Penaltys and require 7.5 cubic feet per sub. They are going in a 03 tahoe, between the back seat and the hatch. Any advise or designs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
jarrius Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 2 18's in a 15 cube box tuned to 33hz subs up port to the hatch IMO. but really what ever you want and what you have the skills to build and what your electrical can handle. also... i like how you liked your own post 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Seymore Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 also... i like how you liked your own post I do too But yeah, see if you can build a meade-style box for them, they'll pound your windshield off if powered correctly. 2001 Civic LX SedanPioneer DEH-7500HD Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCARockford P500-4RF Punch P165-S in doorsRF Punch P165 in rear deckFront doors deadened with DamplifierNextSQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT Bend over and I'll show ya. how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.
Codymac88 Posted March 4, 2014 Author Report Posted March 4, 2014 Haha I guess I liked it by accident. I appreciate it guys, I'll try the subs facing up then. Do you know where I can find a Meade design? I can design a slot port to the back facing up and tune it to 33 Hz, but a Steve Meade designed box would be bad ass. Lol
sharkshit55 Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 i wanted to do 2 18s also but i would have to do to much to the older truck and upgrade all my eletrical which i will still have to do anyways. How the do the incriminators sounds. they has been sneaking up on me. im even looking at that lovely 21. Looking to buy hdc3 and sq2200 bundle. let me know
BLuejoules Posted March 4, 2014 Report Posted March 4, 2014 Are they the new or older model DP's? 7.5 per sub seems big. IG: devinthydude
Codymac88 Posted March 4, 2014 Author Report Posted March 4, 2014 They are the 2010 model. I've read that they require, for ported, 5.0 cubes - 7.5 cubes, 60 - 120 Inches of Port, and 32-37 Hz
Joe X Posted March 5, 2014 Report Posted March 5, 2014 I honestly wouldn't even consider buying a subwoofer from a company that refuses to give any specs of the product before you purchase.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.