Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with box for a 2004 Chevy sliverado extended


Austin248

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys need some help with figuring out how I am going to get at least 1.5 cubic feet under the back seat of a Chevy sliverado 1500 extended cab. I am planing to get 2 DC audio XL 12 and they require at lease 1.5 of air, but I still have to be able to use the backseat. I already raised the seat 2in with a bracket that I made out of some square tubing

Posted

You will need 3 cubes (at least) after all displacements for the 2 12's not just 1.5. Go take mesurments of under your seats and multiply LxWxH then divide that by 1728 and it will give you the TOTAL(gross) cubes you have avaible.

Some things to look for.

If you do not have 14in of higth dont get 12's (IMO)

If you dont have about 4 cubes of gross of space may be more dont get 12's

If you cant fit them dont try to force them to work.

If you want to stay with the XL's try 10's if the 12's wont fit under the seat properly ^_^

Edit: if i am wrong by anything i just said guys PLEASE correct me. I dont want to give out false info.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Two twelves under the seat will be a bitch. It can be done but probably won't seat passengers comfortably. I would try tens and forward firing if possible.

Posted

Yeah, it's better to have midgets that can play than giants that are frozen.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...