Second Skin Audio

Bad Idea to plasti dip a sub?

m720bos

I've plasti dipped a dust cap. Came out fine and hasn't peeled. I wouldn't go putting bondo on the cone or paint the surround, unless you're using gold paint of course.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

It's pretty light, go for it. But it DOES change the specs of the sub, like Fs. Thiele/Small specs are what I was referring to earlier. When you add mass to the cone, that's more that the magnet has to propel forward. It can make it respond a BIT more sluggishly. It could raise the free air resonance(Fs) and other parameters as well.

I don't think a little bit of plastidip will change much. Body filler like Bondo could add mass and off center as well. Linearity is one of the biggest important things a sub must maintain to perform properly. That's why the factory goes to all the lengths they can with spiders, etc., to keep things linear through the stroke.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've plasti dipped a dust cap. Came out fine and hasn't peeled. I wouldn't go putting bondo on the cone or paint the surround, unless you're using gold paint of course.

I meant bondo the dust cap where the dent is. They are RF T1 the silver face model with the aluminum dust cap... I wouldnt try to bondo the cone or surround I would replace them. I just have no Idea where in the hell I would get a replacement cap for the T1 or I would

It's pretty light, go for it. But it DOES change the specs of the sub, like Fs. Thiele/Small specs are what I was referring to earlier. When you add mass to the cone, that's more that the magnet has to propel forward. It can make it respond a BIT more sluggishly. It could raise the free air resonance(Fs) and other parameters as well.

I don't think a little bit of plastidip will change much. Body filler like Bondo could add mass and off center as well. Linearity is one of the biggest important things a sub must maintain to perform properly. That's why the factory goes to all the lengths they can with spiders, etc., to keep things linear through the stroke.

Thanks that makes sense. Do you think that the dent is is making a difference in the specs

top right co

No i mean post as in a thread.This is a comment

on the page where you chose this thread on the right above the list there is an option to post a new thread

Archived