Sonic Electronix

k so i got my recones from tantric today currently working on glueing them and stuff my question is do you guys think this will be ok or if itll have tension and break. also they use shca 8g ofc wich is what i was going to use but there leads are only 12" whats the best way to attach my remanding 2.5 feet.

2a9cwur.jpg

currently thats just the lead pulled threw the hole till the heatshrink

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Should be fine, just leave a little slack on the tinsel wires, and glue or ziptie the 8gauge wires to the basket so they do not pull or fall out the holes of the basket.

As for connecting the remaining 2.5 feet of wire to your direct connects you can go about it a couple different ways.

You can solder and heatshrink them together.

You can use 8awg butt connectors and crimp them together. You could even heatshrink over the butt connectors if you wanted.

You can use larger wire nuts and twist them together, than wrap electrical tape around the wire nuts and wire to make sure the wire nuts dont twist off.

All methods will work fine, it will depend on what you feel comfortable using.

i wana go with the cleanest route. perhaps ill strip both ends open them up twist together neatly then solder/ heatshrink / if i had a crimper but conecters would be the way to go. to bad i couldnt solder the wire in there like i did with my terminals.

i plan to do a bead around the inside of the leads so it wont be able to be seen just wana make sure i have everything in the right place before hand

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived