hammiethebasshead Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 I am building a box for my FI Q 15 and am wondering what kind of port area per foot I am needing. The box will be around 3.5-4 cubes after displacement with around a 30 hz tuning on a kicker zx 1000.1. once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
ChevyBoy95 Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 about 45-55 sq in of port would be nice, but 40-60 is fine. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
hammiethebasshead Posted March 8, 2014 Author Report Posted March 8, 2014 here's about what I have come up with on torres. gonna turn the port to get length and fiberglass for strength. might make it a little bigger though once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem. You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.