Sonic Electronix

No offense megalo but I'm not wanting to do whats going to be the easiest, I like a challenge and I'll do pretty much what ever it takes to have the best sounding stuff around my area. I love how the type R 6.5"s sound but if the 3 way 6x9's will get louder then so be it. I can't seem to find any 3 way 6x9's in the type R version... Any other brands equivelant to the type R's for right around the same price? What about these here... http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=4537 for the rear and then these... http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Rockford-Fosgate-P...1QQcmdZViewItem up front? Are they good sounding speakers? Do they get loud?

New project in the works ;)

Guest MegaloManiac

are you wanting to do SQ? You can definately get loud in SQ. Imaging is the key.

If you want good SQ, the rear doesnt need to be loud(im talkin midrange & up). in sq you want the music to be projected as if you're at a concert. so you want the music at eyelevel and comin from the front, notice i said front and not back nor from feet. If you want a challenge that will be a challenge. imaging is somewhat hardwork. try this, have your midrange in the kicks & tweets in the A pillars, if you want some more midbass, have a dedicated midbass and put them in the doors. if you still feel you need rear fill, have them crossed over low.

I recomend Vifa or Dayton tweets, for midbass i recomend the Adire Extremis 6.4 or the AA Poly mids, and for midrange  thats up to you, you can get some Audex 3" or 4" or if you got 250 spend them one the Hybrid Audio L3 3".

6x9 don't have that great of SQ.. round is always the best. dayton from partsexpress.com would be the best....I know MECA rules say the sound sound come from teh front.. at EYE LEVEL.. teh rear feel should be liek an echo effect teh sound should also sound like its in a big area not a small car.... I have teh kenwood kdc-828, and it has built in processors that take car of all of that for you.. up front go with a 3 way componat setup(tweeter, 4", 6.5"0 rear do a two way(tweeter, 5.25)..... subs 12's should do. mount your mid range 4" speaker on the a-piller and keep all of your front spakers within a 18" area of each other... that teh rule of thumb for SQ....so teh sound doesn't apear to be coming from different places.. it needs to sound liek it coming from one centeral point above the window and should not sound like its in a small car. hope that helps

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.