Car amp indoors

you can power car amps in home using a computer power source.. you can get the info on how to wire it on youtube. I have been doing this for a while now and works great just get a power source online at tiger direct or somewhere that will put out enough juice because if you use one that isnt strong enough you will fry the power source (did this once).

Yes it is better to use a power supply than a battery.

No that doesn't help OP troubleshoot what he has.

If your battery is adequately charged and everything is hooked up correctly there is no reason what you have shouldn't work.

The best way to get help is to take pics of the setup, focusing on the wiring. Without pics we're all just kind of guessing.

Did you get it to work in your room after the percussive maintenance?

Lol! We were able to get it to work by:

Having a high speed battery charger plugged into the wall which was then attached to the battery that had the amp wired to it. Then we had a RCA to 3.5mm converter and plugged the phone into there and the amp. It worked fine.

Hooking up a car amp and speaker indoor is the same concept as hooking in the car, thus, the remote needs to hook directly to power or a toggle switch unless you running a car radio then use the remote from the deck. 15 years ago, when I was 15-16 years old, I hook up a Sony cassette pullout with a Kenwood 250watt X 2 amp and pushing a pair of kickers 10in(Model with the name "Kicker" in red/white letters) for bass and a pair of Sharp home stereo speakers for the mids and highs running off of the Sony Pullout. That's shit was banging back in the days. All was powered by a large stand up car charger, I've believe it was a big 40A charger and a lead acid battery. I still remember till this day, that big ass charger making a loud ass hummming noise while I'm dumping that shit. Funny shit was, I use small ass 24ga speaker wire to power the amp with no inline fuse. Lol. Funny, I didn't know any better back then.

So back to the OP, if you hear sound, but low and distorted. It could be your signal cable from your sourse to your amp. Make sure it got a good connection. Sometime the headphone jack is not plug in to the source all the way in. Check for debris inside the jack(main issue). If all that check out good, try a new cable, if that still that the same, play around with your amp setting, if that doesn't solve your problem, check if you're getting true 12v to your amp. If you're getting at least a bare minimum of 11.8v or above, then my only conclusion is your have a defective amp.

Archived