Car amp indoors

Hey everyone

I am trying to run some old kickers for indoors.

I have a lanzar amp and a battery.

My current idea is using a fast battery charger connected to a deep cycle battery which is in turn connected to my amp which is connected to my subs.

For the input I have a splitter that connected to my iPod which allows for 2 outputs which I then plug the RCA cables into.

I tries this and it failed, no sound was coming out.

Any ideas?

Well first make sure the was on.. you have to have the remote wire to the 12v+..

if the amps on then make sure your speakers are connected right.

Thirdly its possible your phone isnt capable of putting out a strong enough signal for the amp..

if the two steps above are good. And you have the headphone out into your rca in on the amp.. make sure your phone volume is up decently but not max. Turn the gain up slowly until you have sound.

You should have sound. If not either ur amp Is broke. You have it hooked up wrong or your phones signal is too weak.

You could try a different source, tv, computer, etc.

The non super ghetto way to do this to

A use a power supply instead of battery in ur house

B use a reciever with sub outs

C buy a plate amp from parts express that can plug into your wall outlet.

Edit: bad instrucrions lol

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

from a power standpoint then you are fine.

if your doing it like this

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142993-old-school-punch-40i-on-the-bench/

you should be fine. start checking each component to see if they work. Ipod, ipod cable to amp, amp, speaker wires then speakers

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I got sound to go to the speakers (I used a jump wire to go from one negative to the other positive) but it is really really low and distorted

So I am thinking it may be the power wires (testing with shitty cable wire just to make sure it work)

Or it may be the RCA we are using or the signal power coming from the iPhone

Any clues?

I have a 400w amp and a xrocker highs amp in my room. The xrocker is running from wall outlet. Amp is running to a marine battery. I have a battery charger I used to have hooked up but I decided it would be better to just run the battery down then recharge rather then risking my charger. Anyway I have the amp running to battery with remote briged over and it turns on and works great! I have a AV to headphone mtx wire running to my xrocker then from the xrocker I have a headphone jack running to my computer and I can hook my phone up just fine. Only problem is the quality is way better on my computer.

I will post a video on YouTube soon. If you want ill do a whole tutorial on how my system is setup. Or ill answer any questions.

Archived