Sonic Electronix

I've unhooked the amps and the car seems to drive fine. I just don't understand why 1400 watts would stall the car as the voltage never drops on either my multimeter or in dash volt gage. I've followed everything in the install by the books but I guess I may need to have a professional take a look... I don't want my brother to be driving this thing and have it turn off on him.

Anything else you guys can think of to check? I just got a new battery for it a few days ago... could that cause anything?

Thanks for all of your responses so far!

Tim

Ok so you unhooked everything and it drives fine? So its obvious its a electrical issue... You got a ground loop. I would check your grounds coming off your battery. Check the ground going to the motor and the frame. Make sure they are clean and solid connections. A poor connection can cause lots of issues... Im guessing somehow its effecting a sensor.. Maybe a throttle position sensor or MAF sensor or something of that nature... Check your grounds I highly doubt RCAs have anything to do with the engine noise.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I would just recommend upgrading the stock alt,battery, and ground cables and see if that helps anything

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

This happened to me using a 600 watt amp. I was letting it rip and the car shut off I started it up the drove away I let it rip again and the car shut of again. I figured it had something to do with the amp. I headed for the highway to go home and the lights went out and the car shut off. Later I found out I killed the alt. So I believe in having the proper electrical something you can get help with here.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Archived