HIFONICS BRUTUS X2200.1D

SickWickedClown

It's not simple facts. Are you sure down the the resistor that they are the same amp. Do they have the same transistors? The same transformer?

Did you even watch the video? lol. the guy you quoted repeated what the video proved verbatim. He looked up each FET and component and compared the 2 boards, then ran a dyno test @ certified/uncertified/dynamic to compared to the BRZ

And before you say his dyno setup is rigged/inaccurate check this:

the difference is hifonice rated their amp as a 2400.1 and AQ rated theirs as a 2200.1. so ONE actually pretty much did rated power, and even if its the same amp, AQ gives you the ability to wire below 1ohm nominal and the amps still work. Hifonics rates their amps at 1ohm and doesn't let you wire below 1ohm so that you can never see that load reactive, but smh most people don't even realize what that means. even when i saw that video originally all i thought was, well at least the AQ rates there amps correctly, even if they build it with crap, they don't say its 2500rms or 5000peak or some bs.

lol you are on some real SQ koolaid shit at the moment. How is $165 MORE for guessing closer to 2100W a better deal? If the SQ 2200 can run at 0.5 amps then so can the BRZ2400 because they HAVE IDENTICAL OUTPUTS, AND IDENTICAL RAIL-TO-RAIL VOLTAGE (164V). SQ does NOT recommend you run it at under 1ohm, the SAME as Hifonics!

Hifonics shouldn't rate the BRZ 2400 as 2400 (more like 2k) but it's a virtually identical amp for almost $200 less, so who has the better value proposition?

• 1 month later...

what are some of the reasons for getting on of these amps for ur subs ? some people do competition when your testing for is it the highest decibel or sound wave orwhatever its called ,some people want to break there windows, some people just want to play music nice clean heavy music even if you can hear them from a couple blocks away at the end its music, so with that being said,,, how do u choose an amp for your application ?

i mean i am new to the site but i am not hear to talk shit i am here to learn i am from jamaica and we do have alot of people out here with car audio in some big some small but at the end of it no one out here is testing for bass note sound wave etc. its more about music big small heavy bass or not but when people drive around its music in its good form being played not just boom boom boom so , how do we select and amp for audio works like that ,

• 4 weeks later...

what i do find funny in this thread is there is 1 person who got rid of their brutus 2500 for an sq2200 and claimed the sq was better......its the same amp(with the exception of the input side)....lol....and actually, hifonics used better components with the exception of the N channel f.e.t.'s....I am NOT bashing any products at all, just stating simple facts.

A awesome thread right here and to think I was going to buy this amp. Thank goodness I do not and for good

reason to this amp makes my soundstream amp look good :rofl:

Show me a competition where someone's running a Hifonics..I didn't see one at Turlock but I saw some SQ. You wanna nuthug Hifonics bring a set up to a competition we'll see how long you can take getting laughed at before you leave.

Vehicle: 2001 Oldsmobile Alero Sedan Gold Edition

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Front: Polk DB461

Rear: Infinity Kappa 693.11i

Speaker amp: Kenwood Excelon 4/100-4

Sub Stage: Dual 12" Tantric MD's in a 3.2 sealed Cherrycustoms box

Sub Amp: Sound Qubed Q1-2200D

Amp Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC, Sky High 4 gauge OFC and Knuconceptz Krystal RCA Kables

Big 3 Wiring: Sky High 0 gauge OFC

Second battery-Sprinter S12V285F 83ah and H/O Singer 320 alt

Show me a competition where someone's running a Hifonics..I didn't see one at Turlock but I saw some SQ. You wanna nuthug Hifonics bring a set up to a competition we'll see how long you can take getting laughed at before you leave.

I wasnt their but I've have been to competitions and I had a hifonics and a crunch amp nobody laugh at me

More than one person help me out/ gave me pointers

And I have seen other people use hifonics at comps but it's rare

But who cares what anyone else runs for their setup just worry about yourself

I saw a guy @ turlock comp with a boss system , not sure if he competed.

THE DRIVING FORCE

Archived