Sundown Audio

taramps started smoking

MoSes

So you where just guessing on the amp's gain. You deff didn't set it up right. So you clipped the shit out of it and underpowerd it.

Yet you wonder why it started to smoke. Maybe take a class, or maybe this isn't the right hobby for you. Just say'n

2 55ah yellow tops should be enough power for 1 amp according to taramps specs "maximum @ 12.6 VDC musical consumption: 64 Amp. "

i had a multimeter hooked up to it to watch voltage. never went below 12.6v. and it started smoking within 2 seconds of turning it up LOL. i have a dd-1 but the 9v batt is dead in it so never bothered.

my god, then i can power 400 of them.....

So you where just guessing on the amp's gain. You deff didn't set it up right. So you clipped the shit out of it and underpowerd it.

Yet you wonder why it started to smoke. Maybe take a class, or maybe this isn't the right hobby for you. Just say'n

I can do that very thing with my amp(s).

Low impedance, low voltage. Ill just turn it up.........

Fucker should be able to hold at SOME type of use.......

Jus sayin

was 1 speaker hooked up to it. 8 ohm prv 8"

what?

2 55ah yellow tops should be enough power for 1 amp according to taramps specs "maximum @ 12.6 VDC musical consumption: 64 Amp. "

i had a multimeter hooked up to it to watch voltage. never went below 12.6v. and it started smoking within 2 seconds of turning it up LOL. i have a dd-1 but the 9v batt is dead in it so never bothered.

You say 2 seconds but odds are you where clipping for that forst 1 1/2 hrs. Then the finally gain increase put it over the edge.

was at prolly little over 1/4 way up. wasent loud at all lol. especially being at 8ohm load it shouldnt be having any issues.

You say 2 seconds but odds are you where clipping for that forst 1 1/2 hrs. Then the finally gain increase put it over the edge.

was at prolly little over 1/4 way up. wasent loud at all lol. especially being at 8ohm load it shouldnt be having any issues.

what?

i dont understand at all...

It's almost always taramps lol

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I agree the amp wasn't set up under the best conditions, but there is no way it should have smoked. How many of us ran our amps at clipping before we knew how to properly set gains, everyday without smoking them

TDH FTW !!!

what?

kylar, i think what he was trying to say is since he ran it for a 1hr 1/2 at about 50% then turned it up to 60% for just a few seconds. He doesnt understand how with a 8ohm load it would hurt the amp. Not sure what else to tell him to make him understand. clip, clip clip, boom.

truthsayer

my god, then i can power 400 of them.....

lol wtf?? you totaly lost me... power 400 what?

j

what?

kylar, i think what he was trying to say is since he ran it for a 1hr 1/2 at about 50% then turned it up to 60% for just a few seconds. He doesnt understand how with a 8ohm load it would hurt the amp. Not sure what else to tell him to make him understand. clip, clip clip, boom.

percent of what?

yep, im lost

Archived