mathmadness Posted March 15, 2014 Report Posted March 15, 2014 I am planning on buying a fi q 18 to put in the back seat of my truck. I need help with the design of the box. It will be running on a alpine pdx-m12. I would like it to be somewhere around 7-8ft^3 and tuned to 29hz. The dimensions available are 20in high × 27in deep x 36in wide. I would like the subwoofer facing up and the port out of a side. Any input would be great. Thanks!
jarrius Posted March 15, 2014 Report Posted March 15, 2014 Don't put the box in your back seat. It is very unsafe and can be dangerous. You need to eather build it under the seat or remove the back seat and bolt it to the floor 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
EP95 Posted March 16, 2014 Report Posted March 16, 2014 Best way to me would be to remove the seats and wall it off. Dont wont a 100lb+ box flying into you if you crash.
mathmadness Posted March 16, 2014 Author Report Posted March 16, 2014 Thanks! I never thought of that.
john253a Posted March 16, 2014 Report Posted March 16, 2014 If you wanted to do a fiberglass box On the back seat can work As you can lock it into the door and use the seatbelt to hold also I'll up loaded so pics latter when I'm home so you can see But if you lock it in place don't do it for Safire resions
afrakes Posted March 17, 2014 Report Posted March 17, 2014 But if you lock it in place don't do it for Safire resionshaha that's the main reason you secure it down! U really want to chance some idiot hitting u and your car audio setup to turn into a death wish? Not worth it imho. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
john253a Posted March 17, 2014 Report Posted March 17, 2014 Predictive text Was ment to be But if you can't lock it in place don't do it for safty resions
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.