Second Skin Audio

Need help with an old school woofer box.

So, today I traded my cheapo Sony Xplod 12s for an Orion HCCA H2 15d2. Problem is, I have no Orion experienced dealers within an hour of me. None of the local shops even knew what it was, let alone how to set it up. I did some research and cant find anything about how much power to run, or how I should build my box. Does anyone have any clues on this? Thanks in advance.

So, today I traded my cheapo Sony Xplod 12s for an Orion HCCA H2 15d2. Problem is, I have no Orion experienced dealers within an hour of me. None of the local shops even knew what it was, let alone how to set it up. I did some research and cant find anything about how much power to run, or how I should build my box. Does anyone have any clues on this? Thanks in advance.

Is this the sub you have.

http://www.orioncaraudio.com/hcca-series-subwoofers-/27-hcca152-15inch-dual-2ohm.html

Found the specs. After careful consideration, I will be putting this monster in a 2.5 cubic foot sealed box. I really don't have the recommended 4.5 CF of air space while maintaining the ability to put groceries in the trunk, lol. Some day I will build up the Tahoe, but until then I have to work with the Passat. I will be running a conservative 1400 rms to it on a weaned back amp and it should hit well for a single 15.

Archived