cool safe mods for 69 grand prix

Headers, exhaust. ..not cherry bombs unless you like obnoxious redneck sound. .. there's much better out there. ..a better ignition won't add a lot of power but will be more reliable.unless the heads have been rebuilt and updated in the recent years DO NOT add synthetic oil it will ruin the valvetrain. New carb and better intake manifold. If you want to open the engine up add a better cam.

How on Earth will synthetic oil hurt the valvetrain? lol

OP- synthetic oil is fine. Just make sure to use straight 30w or 20w50.

Also, the BEST thing you can do is have someone who is really good with carbs set it up correctly. Find a local race shop, they oughta charge ~$100.

A new carb would make a difference- if brand new, an HP Holley between 600-650cfm. Or if you can find a Quadrajet, that is your best bet.

the guy that did the work on it when my brother first got the car to fix the carb so it would actually work right and he also tuned it and did a few other tricks with it was a head engineer with pontiac and even came up with fixes for a few common problems that used to come up with those cars so I trust the work he did on it... I don't think they ever got around to actually rebuilding the carb though so if that needs to be done then I might have to either wait a bit or take it to someone cuz that guy is currently busy with 60 hours a week of work and 16 credit hours in school... idk how he's doing it but hey more power to him

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived