AMP TROUBLE!!

I have a 400w amp in my room and before it was in my room my broinlaw had it in his car. Well it works great in my room the only problem is that after about a good hour of beating down the fuse will melt. It won't pop just will smoke and melt. This has been a problem since my broinlaw had it. I don't know any reason for it melting. I've opened it up and the board looks brand-new no dust or burns. It could be that I have it running to a 12" kicker comp vr dvc and its wired to 1ohm. Idk if that's too much or if the amp has a short somewhere. I can't barely put a fuse in anymore because it has melted. But like I said amp works great and sounds amazing. Help me plz!

What kind of amp is it and is it stable at 1ohm. Never heard of a fuse just melting,especially at that low of wattage.

edit. Also, what do you have powering it, car battery, power supply?

last time I had this problem was a few years ago. My amp would melt the fuse holders of the inline wire and fuse I had going to it. Found out it was because of poor connections. Check the connections at the fuse on the amp and if you have an inline fuse on the power wire make sure the fuse is sitting completely flat in the holder. That was my exact problem. The fuse was sitting unevenly in the holder and as a result it had a bad connection and kept melting the fuse.

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

most likely, over powering. Also power supply not strong enough.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

Power supply is a 12v car battery and is enough but connection could be a problem due to it being melted! Ill check when I get home today. Possibly take some pictures of it and how my system is set up.

Looked up that amp and only found a description of that series only being 2 ohm stable. If its not the connection try wiring it to a higher impedance.

NOOO!! Its gonna have to be how I have it wired to 1ohm.... I guess I can try it at 2 but I am dissapointed lol...and I meant its great because it sounds awesome and has no problems but the fuse but yeh its a POS! I guess ill invest in a new amp..

Archived