Second Skin Audio

Sub choice and box tuning

max dimmensions are going to be 40 wide by over 80 deep and 30 high. though the smaller the better. from the front seats to the hatch and side to side the car is getting hard wood floors. so no back seats and that shit. lots and lots of room. however I'm guessing the box should sit much more to the rear because with the seats out and a box where the rear seats are, there is shitty output vs 6"-1ft from the hatch....

If you want to take it down a track IMO don't put a system in it unless you plan on taking it out every time you run and put it back in afterwords.

The floor is going to have anchor points so i can bungie things down, the sub box will have a bracket on it and a metal rod with quick pins on each each, so it wont move but can be removable for track use.

Im about to look up the benifits of a 4th order. No experience with those.

it depends on how much space your willing to give up. and how much you want to weigh the car Down on the track. if i were you i Would go with a i q 12 in a vented box tuned to 33hz about 2.5cubes net put a clean 1500w to it and call it a day. that will give you everything your looking for. if you don't want to take up all that space go with a 10 or 12 fi q sealed around 1.5 gross put 1500w to it And call it a day. either way it will make your sub stage come to life and you won't be disappointed!

Great info, thanks!! sorta leaning towards the FI Qs. seem like a great option. and a bit cheaper than the Xs

Have you measured to even know what fits properly? That will determine the size and amount of subs to be used. 2 Fi SSDs would be a good option in the power range you're wanting to run. The Sundown X would be another good option. You could try running a single 12" X in a bandpass 4th.

Why SSDs instead of the Qs? just curious, and i meantioned some specs above for space

Thanks for the help guys!!! floor is hopefully going in soon. about to deaden the whole car and then it begins!!!!

How do you have 80" of depth in a GTI? Is that a typo? I'd love to see a picture of a stretched out tape measure showing me 80". Those are SUV kinds of dimensions.

And I suggested SSDs because you said you're wanting to run 2000W.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I was not saying take it out due to it moving I was saying take it out due to the wight it will add to your car and slow it down. Figure you will be adding another 100lbs at least.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I was not saying take it out due to it moving I was saying take it out due to the wight it will add to your car and slow it down. Figure you will be adding another 100lbs at least.

I know, i meant ill be able to strap it down so when im cruising it wont slide on me lol. however will be removable for track runs.

How do you have 80" of depth in a GTI? Is that a typo? I'd love to see a picture of a stretched out tape measure showing me 80". Those are SUV kinds of dimensions.

And I suggested SSDs because you said you're wanting to run 2000W.

I lied lol i meant 60. From back seats right to the trunk Thanks for the catch!!

Archived