Questions on my electrical

1. I would do both if you have the wire to spare

2 grounds in the back to frame and 2 grounds to the front batt and 2 grounds off of the front back to the frame. also do big 4

2. I would go with which ever one has better idle 320 one should be fine would think it has better idle.

3. i would do 2 250 ones for each run.

Most important Buy more batts and get that HO alt i would go with minimum 2 d3100s but if you have the money go 3-4 d3100s adn buy a voltmeter if you havent yet to keep and eye on voltage or you could blow and amp.

The plan is for 250A on both ends of each + run from front to rear bat/bat's so 2 250A's per run

Looking at the mechman site the 320 is quite low on the idle amperage.

Elite series 370A

products-elite-curve-big.png

S series

products-s-curve-big.png

I'm budgeting myself around $4,000 for Batteries, Alt, Subs, Amp and box plus installation parts. Doing all install myself.

Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!

no real reason to ground to your front battery! it will take the shortest path. the ground from bat to bat would just be a waste! do 3 runs of rear battery to ground then! not needed but can't hurt. keep them under 3ft if possible. i would also put 2 fuses between each battery. that's what i do. one 1ft from each.

as far as .5ohm that i can't answer. i know that if your 2???w system draws lets say for just reference 200 amps at 1ohm then at .5ohm it will draw almost double so 400amps (this isn't exact just a example!) so 5000w at .5ohm i think (think) a 320amp alt on 3good batteries Would be ok. i would run more then 2 at .5

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

no real reason to ground to your front battery! it will take the shortest path. the ground from bat to bat would just be a waste! do 3 runs of rear battery to ground then! not needed but can't hurt. keep them under 3ft if possible. i would also put 2 fuses between each battery. that's what i do. one 1ft from each.

as far as .5ohm that i can't answer. i know that if your 2???w system draws lets say for just reference 200 amps at 1ohm then at .5ohm it will draw almost double so 400amps (this isn't exact just a example!) so 5000w at .5ohm i think (think) a 320amp alt on 3good batteries Would be ok. i would run more then 2 at .5

Yeah now I wish I bought less of the black wire lol. Guess I can run it as positive if I run outta the green stuff!

IMG_0387_zpsc09cd47c.jpg

I'll take some! ; )

but yea a extra run of power can't hurt. or just triple up on bat grounds. I've always had 2 grounds to each battery. never ran 5000w (yet waiting on new car!) but at least you have it! wish i had all that wire!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I'll take some! ; )

but yea a extra run of power can't hurt. or just triple up on bat grounds. I've always had 2 grounds to each battery. never ran 5000w (yet waiting on new car!) but at least you have it! wish i had all that wire!

Yeah its nice stuff. I can't believe how out of control I'm getting with this build. I was just planning on a couple 12's for some bump and it has manifested into a whole new level. I have never had a nice system so I wanted to do it right! I have added up what I have spent so far and I just shake my head lol. Never in my life thought I would spend over $500 dollars on wire lol. $1000 on batteries? wut dafuq lol. Well its sure is fun though.. just can't wait for it to warm up so I can get started on this.

post #69 woop woop!

haha, like most here in the last 13yrs of my audio addiction I've spent tens of thousands of dollars. this build i have barely started yet Is already $4,000 in And I'm not even half done yet!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff