130 amp alternator enough for 1500 RMS?

So according to the formula it is roughly just about 100 amps to power this 1,500 watt setup. I may be wrong here - I am not too keen on exactly how everything works. But wouldn't this be assuming that my system is running at full capacity all the time? I mean I'm not going to be constantly blasting it as loud as possible, and there are variables in the bass of music I listen to. Is this a factor in how much amperage is being consumed by my system?

Plus you have to remember how much amperage it is going to take to run your car (the computer, etc.), your other accessories - phone charger, other 12v "thingies", & other amps, etc.

Are you on a likely upgrade path to go "bigger" or more? Things to legitimately think about.

This is the final step in my upgrade path. Up until now I have only ever used my MRP-M500 for all of my various subs I've had over the last 5(ish) years. I have honestly been plenty satisfied (though there are times where I wish the bass were louder). After getting this BTL which can handle so much more power than anything I have had previously I could not resist the temptation to upgrade the amp and see what it is really all about. Realistically, most of the time I probably wont play it much louder than it gets on my current amp. However, It would be nice to be able to go above and beyond what I currently have time to time when I feel like it.

500 watts is plenty for normal ppl if you like to boom, BUT when you start to add bigger power and boxes tuned is when the magic below 40hz happens

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Sorry, didn't mean to double post. Browser froze for a second so I hit the post button a second time thinking the first click didn't work, lol ;P

500 watts is plenty for normal ppl if you like to boom, BUT when you start to add bigger power and boxes tuned is when the magic below 40hz happens

This is more or less what I am going for - I am pretty much satisfied as it is, but I want louder and more powerful sub-40hz notes, this is why I am upgrading the amp.

The guy who originally had this sub used to do competitions with it. I know that he custom built the box himself, but am not sure what it is tuned to (nor can I find out because I have lost touch with him, unfortunately) but it must be pretty low, because it hits deeper than any of the previous setups I have had in the past.

Archived