Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1993 accord wall enclosure help


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, my name is Jared and I've been on a few other audio sites for a short time and was recommended I come here to get real knowledge and help. I'm looking for a little assistance building a wall in my 1993 accord dx. Subs will be a pair of digital designs 18's running off 2 5k amps (looking for amps now). I already have 2 2k amps that came with my subs when I bought them that I may use for now.

My enclosure skill level is pretty low and I don't have the funds for a lot of trial and error. I've checked out tons of pics and been all over YouTube checking out walls but each car is totally different and there isn't really anyone in the area with any true audio knowledge anymore.

If someone could please kind of give me a quick where to start and basic material list it would help a ton. I'm a little scared to start ripping apart my car without a little coaching.

Thanks

Jared

Posted

welcome man, you should find all the knowledge your looking for here.

go to the member build log section. there's at least 2 acura wall builds i know of. you can pm them for first hand experience.

again welcome and enjoy!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

A Kreg jig will be your friend with building a wall inside of a trunk.

2X4s for an outer shell if you can. 2-3 full size sheets of MDF for your inner shell and port cuts. Getting the back seat out and trying to figure out roughly how many cubes you have to play with will really be the first step. Measure every possible dimension twice and write everything down because you'll never remember. Some form of bracing will likely be needed, either big dowel rod, all thread(threaded rod), or even 2X4s.

It sounds like a fun project. All of your batts and amps can go in the trunk, so devote the entire back seat for the enclosure.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I walled my 91 accord last year. 2 re 18's on 3k. I started with a general design and just went for it. However if I were to do it again I would have planed a lot more and definitely would have bought a creg jig. I'll see if I can find some of my build pics to show you.

Posted

Thanks for responding guys, was going to start gutting the backseat and laying down some sound deadening but once again it's around 12 degrees here and I live in an apartment so no garage. My day is probably better spent doing more research and checking out more builds like you guys suggested. I did but my batteries in my trunk today to see how much room they would take up. After getting them in there the ass end of my car sags bad so I think I'll have to upgrade my struts. I've been saving for an alternator but ill have to spend that on struts now then save for my alternator.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 596 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...