08civic Posted March 22, 2014 Report Posted March 22, 2014 Just felt like showing off a work table I made for my dad. He needs a new one for his new house. Felt like someone else could get ideas from it. So enjoy! Here are brackets I cut at work and painted so they don't rust. Another set I made out of Stainless Steel for the bottom supports Rounded over the 4x4's The bottom Finished product Might be adding on a Stainless Steel top and maybe paint the whole thing. Once he moves and this goes in his garage we will put a vise grip on top. Thats all for now. Thanks for looking!
Trill Posted March 22, 2014 Report Posted March 22, 2014 Nice! You should add some supports to the back and put up some peg board to hang some tools Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!
08civic Posted March 22, 2014 Author Report Posted March 22, 2014 Nice! You should add some supports to the back and put up some peg board to hang some tools Thanks! Thats not a bad Idea. Once my dad moves then I will prbly be doing some more stuff to it. Just have to see how much room he has first
Trill Posted March 22, 2014 Report Posted March 22, 2014 Also idk the location but if the floor could possibly get wet I would add some metal feet to the legs so they don't rot over time. Good job I bet he will really appreciate it! Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!
08civic Posted March 22, 2014 Author Report Posted March 22, 2014 Also idk the location but if the floor could possibly get wet I would add some metal feet to the legs so they don't rot over time. Good job I bet he will really appreciate it! Yeah true that. I was gonna add some adjustable feet since its not perfectly flat table and neither will the floor most likely. That why we can get it level
Trill Posted March 22, 2014 Report Posted March 22, 2014 The reason I suggested that is because with my garage here in Minnesota the concrete sweats during winter/spring/summer transitions. It gets so bad I used painted steel shelving structure for my bench lol. Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!
08civic Posted March 22, 2014 Author Report Posted March 22, 2014 The reason I suggested that is because with my garage here in Minnesota the concrete sweats during winter/spring/summer transitions. It gets so bad I used painted steel shelving structure for my bench lol. Dang. Well im in florida so it could flood here lol so its still a good idea
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.