Sub loud then quiet

Just today I noticed my subwoofer will have a good bass tone to it, and then suddenly it acts as if it's not playing at all (you can still hear it however it gets much quieter) keep in mind, this only appears to be happening with the volume on my head unit (Pioneer DEH 80PRS) in between 20-25...once I go above those volume limitations it SEEMS to play just fine... This is happening BOTH with the bass knob up and down... This was professionally installed I have a DC power 270 alt, XS Power D3100 secondary battery, big 3 upgrade... I've checked the connections under the hood and all is good there... my setup kind of prevents me from checking the amp ground.

I've also read today, that my RCA cables could be bad, they are jl audio RCA cables that have only been in use for roughly 4 months total (to include my previous setup in a different vehicle).. Also have read it could be a bad ground... Just looking for some input in here to see what the problem could potentially be... The amp is an Audioque 3500.1D and the sub is an 18"AA SMD

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

**Please note also**

It isn't doing it consistently... It'll randomly do it while playing... Sub sounds "healthy" at all times, dust cap is not getting warm or hot, and neither is the amp... The song I noticed it on is Lil Jon- turn down for what... If any of this helps

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Un plug the bass knob and see if it has the problem. When my knob to my amp took a shit it did this. Not a for sure but only takes about 10sec to check.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I had an AQ 1200 before that had a faulty bass knob... I'll have to try this one... Anything else it could be other than what was mentioned

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

check if deck auto eq is on.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

check if deck auto eq is on.

I'm still learning this head unit, where exactly do I check to see that it's on or not?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

click in the volume button and go to audio, and I'm positive it's in the audio settings. It just says "Auto EQ" and ittl either be on, or off.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Un plug the bass knob and see if it has the problem. When my knob to my amp took a shit it did this. Not a for sure but only takes about 10sec to check.

Ok, I disconnected the remote gain knob from the amp, that is NOT the problem... I called the installer who put everything in and he said from what I am explaining to him, it sounds like internally on the amp that the RCA connections may have came loose or whatever... I did have the amp sent back in a about a year or so ago in regards to that same exact issue... We will find out for sure or not if that is indeed the issue... Just a heads up to anyone who was curios

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Would it make any sense if I told you guys that the shop that installed everything thinks it's my Pioneer DEH 80PRS head unit that is causing this to happen?

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Would it make any sense if I told you guys that the shop that installed everything thinks it's my Pioneer DEH 80PRS head unit that is causing this to happen?

I mean maybe if it's a faulty unit ? But usually a faulty deck wont work at all, or do something crazy like the other day at the shop we had a kenwood unit that as soon as you gave it power and ground, it would turn on and not turn off, i guess the accessory wire was bad internally or something. The bass on "turn down for what" is weird too though it kinda goes in and out. I would say again, make sure the auto EQ function is off on your deck, and double check all of the connections from rca from deck to amp, and speaker wire to sub.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Archived