Sub loud then quiet

quote name="rockFord_Expedition" post="2750935" timestamp="1396042921"]Does it only do it on one song?

Get the song from a different source, try it again.

It's doing it on every single song I play... I've tried cd, blue tooth, I pod... I noticed yesterday after I turned the sub off through the head unit, that INTERMITENLY the door speakers (all of them) will get a static/popping noise through them... They are powered by a Rockford P400X4 amp... Then if I turn the sub on while the door speakers are still going it, the sub won't receive the amount of bass that it should be getting at that point... Then if you mess with the volume on the head unit, it will kick back to normal... The audio shop, like I said, firmly believes it is the head unit... I have a hard time understanding how it could be the head unit (Pioneer DEH 80PRS) that is practically brand new, but the installer has 20 years experience so he probably knows a thing or two...

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Does it only do it on one song?

Get the song from a different source, try it again.

Bump

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

If you are certain it is either your HU or your RCA's you can isolate them to see which it is. Could be your HU, doesn't sound like an RCA problem.

1. Get another set of RCA's and run them from your HU directly to the amp through the car.
  2. Disconnect the RCA's from the HU and use a 3.5mm male to rca female to use your smartphone/ipod to replace your HU using your existing RCA's

If either one fixes it, you found your problem.

If it's all under warranty and you had them do it, screw it let them swap the deck. Sometimes decks can be DOA.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

If it's all under warranty and you had them do it, screw it let them swap the deck. Sometimes decks can be DOA.

Nothing is under warranty... I had it in a previous set up... I'll have to purchase a other head unit, I'm going to bypass the head unit and connect my phone straight to the amps and see if it still does it

Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU

Ascendant Audio SMD 18"

Audioque 3500.1D

XS Power D3100

Rockford T1 components

Rockford P400X4

Archived