Second Skin Audio

Box For Alpine Type R 15

Hey everyone, Im new here and I have been looking over the forum and found alot of useful information. I Have 2 Alpine Type R 15s, both 4ohm DVC. Im looking to build a large ported box for them, im thinking about tuning it to around 23-25hertz. Im net very good at designing boxes, mainly because I have never had anyone teach me how to use box designing software or been explain to what all the specs and perrameters mean. Anyway I have a 92 ford explorer that im putting them in, so I have a decent space to work with. 41WX19HX37D, id like to face the subs to the rear, but if facing them upwards is better I dont mind. Im asking for reccomendations, someone to explain how to correctly design a box, or someone that can design a decent box for me real quick. Heres the specs and what I have to work with:

2 Alpine SWR-1542D 15" 4ohm DVC

41WX19HX37D of box space

Want to tune the box around 23-25 hertz

Here is the PDF download of the woofer Specs: http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_SWR-1542D.PDF

"Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"

Joe X is right. Your subs will sound far better in the low 30s. 25 hz is just way too low and you will lack a lot of musical frequencies. Would suggest you go with 41W x 19H x 20D (Outer dimensions). With the port to one side (port: 17.5H x 4W x 33L). Make sure you double the face and the back. That will give you about 4.7 cubes tuned to around 31Hz.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Oh ok, well right now I have a single type r 15 in a box around 3 cubes tuned to 29.5 hertz. Its alpines recomendations. Those box specs you supplied sound good. Thankyou. Is 4.7 cubes too small for 2 15s?

"Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"

Here's a suggestion, power: to subs rated, clearance to the rear gate 5 1/2", amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, figure is just an assembly guide:

2swr.jpg

2swrpic_zps13060df6.jpg

JOE!! can you pm'me? trying to contact you can't inbox you

2 Soundqubed SQ1-2200D

1 Soundqubed Q4-120

4 American Bass VFL 65MR

2 American Bass HD 15's

2 American Bass MX-250T

2 American Bass MX-252T

4 XS Power XP950

Tons of Sky High Car Audio Cable

"Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else......

improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science..."

Downloaded WinISD and ran your specs through it joe, everything came our spot on and taught myself how to use WinISD. Thanks, what did you use to calculate a box cutout list?

You can use Torres box calculator to calculate the cut sheets. Its a very good program. You can use it hand in hand with WinISD.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived