Hifonics X2600.1D

SickWickedClown

People bash the shit out of Hifonics, especially here. You aren't gonna change it. As I know it, they are one of the best budget brands out there and honestly do make a lot of power. I've had a GLX2200.1d for 2 years that has never once had a problem and has been ran hard for hours on end. I realize that it's not that great of a brand, but it does do it's job. Funny thing to me is when people make comments at it's internals and don't realize there are hardly any differences between not just the board, but also the components on the board when compared to other 2-2.5k amps.

That said, if you want a Hifonics, buy one. It'll perform pretty well. I'm not spending anymore of my money on them though. Not that I've had problems, I just am at a point where I'd like to go from a Civic to a BMW.

People bash the shit out of Hifonics, especially here. You aren't gonna change it. As I know it, they are one of the best budget brands out there and honestly do make a lot of power. I've had a GLX2200.1d for 2 years that has never once had a problem and has been ran hard for hours on end. I realize that it's not that great of a brand, but it does do it's job. Funny thing to me is when people make comments at it's internals and don't realize there are hardly any differences between not just the board, but also the components on the board when compared to other 2-2.5k amps.

That said, if you want a Hifonics, buy one. It'll perform pretty well. I'm not spending anymore of my money on them though. Not that I've had problems, I just am at a point where I'd like to go from a Civic to a BMW.

I appreciate your input. If it puts out the power... then why not?

I like your relating the amp category to cars. Very same concept. :)

I am not trying to change anyones POV on anything. I simply want someone to comment in this topic who has experience with the amplifier in question.

Your response was the most useful so far.

Not even my original thread, someone else started this with just amp guts. I just wanted to see the clamp results and people just kept shooting everything about Hifonics down. which is fine, if you don't like Hifonics that is completely up to you. But to bash a company for no reason, ESPECIALLY when the only question asked was "What are the clamp results?" makes absolutely no sense to me.

I don't understand where comments like this (below, a tad exaggerated) come from when this is not a "comparison" or "Which one should I get, and why" thread.

"Yo, I got a RockFord 4-channel amp that was 500 bucks and it was awesome, it put out clean power and was incredibly reliable"..

Are people just proud of what they know or think they know and want to boast about it at every opportunity, regardless of the context..?!?

F O.

Technically I spent $299 plus tax, but hey that's almost $500.

I was pretty specific where this was directed....

Page 2.

"lol my 200w fosgate 4 channel from 2000 was like $500 brand new. birth sheets were shown for 50% over rated power. and some people were getting almost 100w per channel at 2 ohms stereo. rated for 50w per channel at 2 ohms.

you pay to play. wanna tax your electrical system, go with hifonics. want something efficient? dont be a cheap ass."

F O.

Fair enough. To be honest though, I don't use them because they don't do what they say they do. That's the only reason I have.

ya, I see your point. I just had good luck with my Crunch. If I got a Maxxsonics and it was a piece of junk, I would not be giving them the time of day ever again. BUT, since I had one that was tremendous at a even more tremendous price point, I can only hope this one is similar. If not, then the Hifonics label sticks!

F O.

Like you said that amps 7 years old, at some point in time Maxxsonics just started making overrated bullshit. I had an old Alphasonik amp that put out plenty of power. Would I buy there new stuff hell no. Go out and buy one of Crunches biggest amps now and youll see why hifonics gets bashed here.

Your argument is absolutely compelling, bringing a completely different brand into the equation.

So to all you Hifonics bashers, the Hifonics X2600.1D is PROVEN to not put out what it is rated at?

I just want to be clear on this, because everyone seems to be posting their opinion about this amp, without a single bit of experience with THIS amp. not another model/brand/etc..

Do incredibly expensive amplifiers have some secret hole that you are all getting off in? If no, I am sure some of you have found one...

F O.

Archived