Hifonics X2600.1D

SickWickedClown

I'm also interested in seeing what these x14 amps are amp dyno'd and clamped at, from a variety of testers.

I've had hifonics amps more than a few times and they performed at a level that I felt was fair for what I paid for them. I've always had the option of buying what I saw other people have in my area: Rockford, JL Audio, Kicker, etc... but going off of what they paid and what I paid, I felt like I came out way on top. Granted, that was more about install and the vehicles, but if you're going to go out and spend $500 on ONE amp and I spent $250...I'd at least want yours to drown out my bass...but that rarely happens.

With all of that said, I'm thinking of trying other brands now, more specifically soundqubed. Mostly because I'm so pleased with my SQ subs. I don't know if they'll put out more power and more importantly, if I'll even be able to FEEL and HEAR the difference. Paying for an extra 300w is one thing, being able to hear the difference is another.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

AudioQue (SoundQubed) = awesomeness. GREAT customer service, great track record for their equipment. If I did buy an higher end amplifier, i'd support SoundQubed or C2 Audio. Both have my utmost respect for how they handle their customers.

My single HDC3 (AQ) 12 was just a beast. Most notes hit harder than my two vvx12's (given it was a prefab box) on the same amp.. needless to say I sold my skars pretty quick to get something more ...umm robust. Yeah the skars got loud, but I was not very impressed with them.

Back to the topic at hand.

I absolutely agree with you. If someone spends $1000 when I spent $500, that thing better be able to add a glowing halo over my speakers and whisper in my ear when I am sleeping. Because if I do not notice any difference, then it is NOT worth it. That is exactly the reason I am interested in the results.

I have a buddy that likes his BRZ's and they have been running hard for a while now. - not that that matters, but there are good Hifonics products. Definitely NOT all, but some.

eagerly awaiting results, although not getting my hopes up of getting any results anytime soon.. Since everyone HATES Hifonics and all....

F O.

• 2 months later...

just ordered the x2600 see how it goes hopfully it will last until i can upgrade my alt an get the sundown 2500

yea im interested in how it performs

99 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE

1 American Bass HD15-D1 ~ THE PLAN- ? CUBES NET ~ TUNED 36HZ

SOUNDSTREAM TA1.3K @ .5OHM DAILY ~ STOCK ALT ~ BULLZ AUDIO 1/0

~BEST SCORE TO DATE ~ 95 BLAZER 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELECTRICAL~

~01 HYUNDAI SANTE FE ~ 1 DC XL 18 ~ SHARK2500 @ .5 DAILY ~ 145.8 LEGAL~

~2010 FCBC 450 STREET 3RD OVERALL~

~2011 FCBC 450 STREET CHAMPION~

~YOUTUBE SEARCH->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131~

just look at the board, even with gods help it wouldnt do rated.

Why? Does this board look that much different than the guts of almost any other amp?

lol you know hifonics admits that none of their amps do rated aside from the elite series, which barely does rated at 15v 1/10th of a second sine wave burps? go look at meades video of the brutus elite 1700.

edit: hifonics has cheap prices because its made cheaply. so what if its the same amp board as a soundqubed amp? that $100 price difference (or whatever it is) is dictated by the quality of parts used on the pcb board.

just look at the board, even with gods help it wouldnt do rated.

Why? Does this board look that much different than the guts of almost any other amp?

lol you know hifonics admits that none of their amps do rated aside from the elite series, which barely does rated at 15v 1/10th of a second sine wave burps? go look at meades video of the brutus elite 1700.

edit: hifonics has cheap prices because its made cheaply. so what if its the same amp board as a soundqubed amp? that $100 price difference (or whatever it is) is dictated by the quality of parts used on the pcb board.

Why would they openly admit that and then CEA stamp on their products?

And I did NOT know that. Got any sources to back that up? People spout off so much bullshit because a friend of a friend told them so.. or they read it somewhere without a credible source.

I understand them using the same board and probably different quality components, but can you SEE that? "Just look at the board.." ignorant, just ignorant - unless of course you got your hands on one and put a magnifying glass into it...

plus it is NOT a debate. it will either do rated or not. Hifonics never had a good track record - but we'll see when someone actually tests THIS one.

F O.

Archived