Jump to content

focused313

Members
  • Posts

    188
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by focused313

  1. thanks for this review, its time for me to deaden the hatch of my magnum, along with the bottom floor. I hear a lot of stuff moving back there. But it'll have to wait until I learn how to f'n wrap a box correctly with vinyl. smh.
  2. i've been eyeing that eq. i used to have a kenwood 5 band that was AMAZING. It seemed to make up for my loss of voltage through the electrical system.
  3. hmmm, my neighbor suggested that to me. thanks for this. Does anyone have any pictures of a "frame" style plexi window in an application? This seems like the best solution for me.
  4. found a Google Nexus 7" tab, definitely looking into that. It doesn't have a minisd slot though, but I've already found two potential work arounds that would allow you connect a portable hard drive to it, while using the mini usb for charging purposes.
  5. I have two hifonics amp, 1 has been going good for about 1.5 years, the other about 3. My uncle has two, his have been fine for the last 3 months. brz1200 and a brutus elite 4 ch. A girl I know had one, forgot the model, and it died out after a year. The RCA outputs went bad. Got her another one and it's been fine ever since. The only problem I have with hifonics amps are that they run hot. I don't think they are very efficient. All of the amps everyone I know has are Brutus, except my mids/high amp which is a txi6006.
  6. nice to know. Can't you extra sound equipment insurance separately though?
  7. hmmm, I'm going to have to check that kindle out. to the og poster, I take it you don't want to modify your existing bezel, which I understand, but I think you might be happier in the long run to hack do a little bondo/fiberglassing. Just an option. Now that you know the kindle fits, you can start looking for any tablet with the same dimensions.
  8. I would like something I could remove, only because I plan on having a few different windows. They are pretty cheap and I just get frosted vinyl with different designs cut into them.
  9. I took 3 pieces of mdf and made a new, stronger, rear hatch floor in my magnum. From there, I covered it with hardwood flooring and cut out a window for plexi in the last piece that folks up and opens for access to the amps. As you can see, there isn't much of a lip for it to sit on. It's about 1/4'. I'm looking for a way to secure the plexi to the wood, where it sits flush (or atleast I want it to). I'd like for screws not to show, but I'm honestly open to any and all ideas. I'm in the process of putting suede on the box, creating a beauty panel for the front and top in black vinyl, and repainting the hole vents as well as the piano hinge. Any pics that show an example of your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  10. definitely want to see you with your own show. I know its hard work, but maybe it can get you to the point where you can just hire great talent and run/design stuff. We, well atleast I, need another car show on tv. West Cost is cool, but no show shows enough about the car audio part.
  11. sorry to hear about your car being broke in, I've had it happen in the past. Alarm #1. with a pager. Bolt your stuff down next time with non-typical screws (as in, no phillips or flat heads). Atleast that way, it'll be a ****** for a thief to get them out. Bolt your box down from the inside if possible. As for what to buy, these guys should be able to help you with that very easily, that is if you can build your own box, which I can't and don't have the tools to do.
  12. the only pair i see are 159
  13. yea I saw your thread. Nice door panels. She definitely does not care about this car enough to go through all of that.
  14. that's what I thought....thanks anyway guys. lmao @ the pic.
  15. Yea, I was thinking of this one. Got my uncle one not too long ago for his sub setup for around $150ish. It's currently pretty loud in her Rendezvous with that the amp she has/had, but she's moving it into a 85 SS Monte Carlo, so I wanted it to work well in that closed off trunk too. Pics of "lady friend" will not be happening lol.
  16. Here we go. Supposing the Hifonics amp in her car is currently bad (about to swap it in my car), I'm looking for amp to power: 3 - 10CVR102 (1200w RMS @ 1.34 ohm) I'd like something that was at/over 1200w @ 1ohm @ 14volts. The budget is $200 for a new amp (online of course).
  17. this is out of the way, but I'm headed to the pick-n-pull yard to see if I can find a spare kickpanel (long shot) just to operate on.
  18. oh a fellow Michigan head. cool. if I go find that I can't, well....don't feel like, going with 6.5's in that kickpanel, I'm DEFINITELY going Infinity all the way around. It's just way too many positive reviews and recommendations to do anything else.
  19. I actually went to see the car again today just to check the clearance in his beretta, it just seemed tight and not wort the hassle. he seems to really want a separate tweeter, so comps would be ideal. There's nothing behind the kick panel but some sound deadener. I'll go back and trace it out tomorrow just to make sure. lol, trust me, I've been on internet forums since I was using AOL free trial dial up disc.....it doesn't bother me. do you have any pics of that rigged bracket?
  20. Don't listen to him, he's a circle speaker jockey. Go with whatever you want. I prefer 6.5" in my front...I'm even fiberglassing my door for them. oh, I'm like what the heck, lol. In my own cars, I agree, I'm 6.5's comps all day, but I'm not custom fitting anything in his car. If I had the correct tools, I'd consider trying to put a 6.5 in that kickpanel. Heck, I may still try.
×
×
  • Create New...