Second Skin Audio

Design help for 2 sundown e 12's

rooles

I sketched up the plans and i have some questions

EfNTLhO.png?1

first is if its okay that the port is not the same size all the way to the inside. is that okay

second is where should i place the sub hole. should it be on the center of the front board. or should it be more to the left? and if so how many inches more to the left from center?

rwNgvoG.png?1

This is a sketch for your dimensions:

PFSF12_DB_TV.jpg

The sub can be placed in either side.

The 45 inside the port is done in a way that the port width at the turn is the same as in the rest of the port:

turn.jpg

thank you i will play around with it. i am trying to make my own design for a 15. on the website it advises i can have it in a 3 cubic feet enclosure, i will customize one to fit my needs, although idk if this is ideal as i have no experience on how these sq subs react to enclosures. should i design one at 3.5 or 4 after sub displacement just to be safe? or will 3 be fine. also, is the best way to hit a tune by modifying the port length on Torres

specs for the sub: which one is the sub displacement. V(as)?

Piston Diameter 203.2 mm

Mounting Depth 7 11/16"

Circle Cutout 11.25"

Overall Diameter 12 7/8 with gasket

Xmax 28mm

Peak to Peak Magnet Weight 145oz

f(s) 33.65

Q(ms) 6.912

Q(es) 0.769

Q(ts) 0.692

V(as) 22.130 liters (0.782 cubic feet)

Driver displacement is not listed there, call them, take your time to read Torres thread if you want to draw your own box. Other than that I would recommend to listen to other people's setups before deciding what to buy it's absolutely impossible for anyone to tell you what driver is best to your ears, most people will try different drivers and boxes for each until they know what they want.

• 1 month later...

i went ahead and built this enclosure but i am not getting the best response in higher frequency bass. Ill use the song How low can you go by Ludacris as an example. The higher notes are barely noticable but when the bass drops to the lower frequencies the bass increases significantly. May this be due to the box tuning? I am no expert craftsman so the box is not perfect.

Archived