Sonic Electronix

Anyone in the Schenectady, NY Area have a DD-1?

So as far as speakers go all I did was replace them and play them off the stock amp which gets power from the stock HU. For the sub, I've tapped a LOC into the front speakers and have that signal going to an aftermarket sub amp (RE 3200.1), which is wired like any other bass amp should be (power from battery, grounded to chassis, etc.). Thing is, even when I just run a 3.5mm to RCA adapter to my phone, the amp doesn't play. I've tried adjusting the input level and no luck. There is a power light both on the bass knob and the side of the amp that has all of the input/output, gain, bass boost, input voltage, etc. on it which says something like master power, and neither of them turn on despite the front lights (blue, under the RE logo on the amp) turn on when the car is turned on.

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

bumpin, i really think you have a pinched wire somewhere! there is a easy way to find out . go grab any speaker you can and go to the amp that is giving you the trouble. now disconnect all the speaker wires leading to it. just leave the power ground remote and rc wires in the amp. now take the speaker you have in your hand and hook it up to the amp with a short piece of wire. turn your system on. if that speakers makes sound you have bare wire touching metal somewhere. if that speaker doesn't come on... well lets hope it does!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

thanks broski but I finally found the issue today! somehow all the fuses popped (3 30amp fuses on the block) and I figured out I tapped into the 12v- remote wire (or some other 12v- that only comes on with the car) instead of the 12v+ remote wire. Got the sub wired down to 2ohms so it's seeing all it can handle (running a soundqubed hds21200 or whatever the second cheapest 12 is, so 600rms and 1200max). Played it a bit today and I'm going going to say it's loud, but it definitely plays. I should be able to tap into the correct wire tomorrow and have everything playing besides these blasted front speakers. Oh and btw, I'm probably going to be going to Lebanon Valley Raceway if anyone wants to meet up to chill, bump, and watch some good old fashioned dirt oval. Otherwise, I'll be seeing everyone in less than 2 weeks. Cheers guys.

yeah I'm pumped to get it all working as it should tomorrow. still have to figure out what the hell is going on with the front doors, but hey, progress is progress

Well I finally got the sub lined-in and playing. Turns out I went full retard and tapped both lines for each of the channels on my LOC into a single speaker line rather than separating the positive and negative…anyways, I'm going to need a bit of help dialing everything in at the meet, but I'm pumped! All that's left now is these pesky front doors and I should be good to go

working on getting my front stage now. boomers has a nice set of jbl 5.25 Comps on sale for $150 they were $325 new. but i really think I'm gonna go all ct sounds. have the money for the strato Comps Now but i think I'm gonna hold off for the meso comps.

still need my alt, second ct 1400.1(on the way), think I'm gonna go with a bat-cap instead of amg batteries. still need more 0g, front stage, along with installing my ct 60.4, waiting on my exo to hit the states (paid for just waiting) and a shit ton of deadner i should be mostly done. not sure what I'm gonna do with my rear stage... maybe just get a decent set of 6x9s back There no amp just some sound.

so it should be interesting to see my current system at The first meet. then the bad azz one I'll have after. I'm freaking pumped tho! I'll go from having one of the worst there till one of the best!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff