Sundown Audio

anybody running at .5 ohm daily

moredbs

.7 is where i run. Daily.

What is "good electrical" to you?

dual alt mechman 370 dedicated to the system xs3400 up front three 3100s in the back, factory alt runs the truck separate.

I run .5 daily, on nendo and fi. it has held up pretty well for me but it's not a good idea. Unless you really know what you are doing you should avoid it, and if you really know what you are doing you probably wouldn't be asking this question.

i kinda got an idea of what I'm doing,been into car audio for over 25 years. i just never went this big or ran anything that low on ohms. i have read people dropping to .5 for comps then going back up. I'm just curious before i waste my money

mechman 370 xs3400 up front three 3100s in the back factory alt runs the truck separate.

for what amp at .5, i wouldnt run more than a 5k or so at .5 on that electrical. If you want 7k or more, add another D3100, maybe 2.

I run .5 daily, on nendo and fi. it has held up pretty well for me but it's not a good idea. Unless you really know what you are doing you should avoid it, and if you really know what you are doing you probably wouldn't be asking this question.

i kinda got an idea of what I'm doing,been into car audio for over 25 years. i just never went this big or ran anything that low on ohms. i have read people dropping to .5 for comps then going back up. I'm just curious before i waste my money

well, then the 25 yrs of little audio is virtually null in this realm of audio. I have teammates that do a .25 daily or .5 strapped in their daily drivers. better have STOUT electrical, good electrical will only get you so far....

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

also was wondering why crescendo says stable at .5 but no specs on it. is there an advantage or just run it at 1.33 or .66 or 4 or 8.......jk thanks for the input

lower ohm loads just mean more heat in the end, along with less efficiency.

the amp will put out more wattage, but also release more heat... this is where shit goes south, when low voltage, with lowered efficiency, and more heat and you release the white smoke. This is generally why having overkill for electrical is needed... or an amp that likes low ohm loads.

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/

mechman 370 xs3400 up front three 3100s in the back factory alt runs the truck separate.

for what amp at .5, i wouldnt run more than a 5k or so at .5 on that electrical. If you want 7k or more, add another D3100, maybe 2.

well, then the 25 yrs of little audio is virtually null in this realm of audio. I have teammates that do a .25 daily or .5 strapped in their daily drivers. better have STOUT electrical, good electrical will only get you so far....

I'm just saying I'm not a complete idiot! I'm not competitor and never plan to be. this has been a lifelong hobby for me since i was 14, i have just really started getting back into car audio since i joined this forum. shit I've been reading and studying stuff on here for over 5 years,i just wanna go bigger cause i finally can afford it.

also was wondering why crescendo says stable at .5 but no specs on it. is there an advantage or just run it at 1.33 or .66 or 4 or 8.......jk thanks for the input

the amp will put out more wattage, but also release more heat... this is where shit goes south, when low voltage, with lowered efficiency, and more heat and you release the white smoke. This is generally why having overkill for electrical is needed... or an amp that likes low ohm loads.

this is exactly why i asked this question, basically if i overkill on electric i will be fine for daily. adding another battery or two wouldn't be a problem.but it sounds like it would be safer just to run a little above 1ohm. sorry if i offended anybody with my ignorant question.

I'm just saying I'm not a complete idiot! I'm not competitor and never plan to be. this has been a lifelong hobby for me since i was 14, i have just really started getting back into car audio since i joined this forum. shit I've been reading and studying stuff on here for over 5 years,i just wanna go bigger cause i finally can afford it.

where did i call you an idiot? i didnt say anything even close to it either. All i said was little audio builds are another world completely from running 5-10krms, 5+ batteries, sub recommended ohm loads, yada yada yada.

this is exactly why i asked this question, basically if i overkill on electric i will be fine for daily. adding another battery or two wouldn't be a problem.but it sounds like it would be safer just to run a little above 1ohm. sorry if i offended anybody with my ignorant question.

running over 1 ohm, you basically wouldnt ever have to worry at least im my opinion, when im below .7, i am constantly thinking about it every time the knob turns, which is why im at 1 ohm flat now.

where did i call you an idiot? i didnt say anything even close to it either. All i said was little audio builds are another world completely from running 5-10krms, 5+ batteries, sub recommended ohm loads, yada yada yada.

just felt like i was getting jumped for a minute there,made me feel like this was a dumb question. but thanks for your input.i don't wanna spend this much and run the risk of frying something

Archived