Second Skin Audio

C pillar wall design for 2 18's.need help!

well my buddy just got 2 X 18"s and wants to do a wall in his trailblazer.he wants to build the box outside of the truck and slide it in through the back,then seal it up with a beauty panel.we threw a design together tonight,just wanted to see what kind of input we could get on what we have before the building starts.

Untitled_zps55e043b9.png

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

i dont think its possible with those dimensions to build outside then slide in. the angles on the back of the truck make it difficult to slide that 44 accross in BUT i could br weong never tried it before.
my current box right now is 46 wide and 24 tall and i had to take off weather striping on back just to slide it in

*Team SoCalSPL* 2002 Chevy Trailblazer

Pioneer DEH8400

2 Crescendo Pwx 10's

Audiotechnix Deadening

Deka Group34

NorthStar NBS 170FT

He is going to make a box out of some triple wall cardboard and see if it fits before he starts cutting wood.

I'm just curious if the port area looks good for these subs?i don't know much about box designs,so i figured i would ask here.

Thank you for your input,ill let him know about the fitment issues he may run into.

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

ok we will rethink the specs..what would you recommend?

for now its going to be running off a ct 1400 at 1ohm,he will be adding another 1400 down the line.

Archived