Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure design help for noob. Extra request as well... I know! Geez


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, I posted over in the "subwoofer" section last night bcuz I was/am going to sell my P3 15's and wasn't sure what to replace them with. I thought I was going to get more out of them, but it's not what I expected and they are just frickin' big. They do get down, but I wanted more out of them. I'm sure most sane people would be extremely happy with them. My friends get in to listen and all I have to do is look at their face/smile. Tells me everything. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, read my signature for all my interior equipment, which I will be adding another 4 channel to add a few more mids/highs, but the point of this post is enclosure help. You guys asked me to post over here in the enclosure section, as I have only built a sealed enclosure for my 15's. I'm wondering if I can get the output I want from a single P3 15? Does the P3 handle enough power to give me the DB's I even want (Mid 140's)? If so, here is what I am requesting graciously.

Will someone provide me a box design for a single Fosgate P3 15" that will give me the most bang for my buck, so to speak? I want to hear what this thing can really do. I will attempt to build the box this coming weekend and I will post the results.

Also, the extra request. I know, I'm a pain in the ass. If I don't like the 15, then I plan on buying an AQ3500.1 and (2) HDC3 10's. Can someone provide a box design and try to keep it under 4.5/5 cu/ft with aero ports? Or, if a simple L port will work, then lets rock that... Yes, I already have the electrical waiting for this setup; it just needs to be built. I have a feeling this is the way i'm going to be headed, but you never know if the proper box design for the P3 15 might do the job.

I appreciate any and all the help I can get. This is still a learning process for me as well. I have a great carpenter in the family, so building the box shouldn't be too much of a problem. I just need a couple designs. I will be on the road today for about 8-10hrs, but I will check back in tonight when I get to the hotel. Appreciate it and I hope everyone has a good day!

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Posted

Thanks everyone....

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Posted

Personally I think you wouldnt get as much output out of one p3 as you would 2 HDC's. (could be wrong.... someone else may chime in)

Another thing is what battery set up do you have...? Will you have enough electrical to run 3500 wrms?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3225 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...