Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

aero ports


Recommended Posts

Posted

alright I am rebuilding my box for a sundown sa12 dual 4ohm. I was going to slot port it until I came across these areo ports.Now I have no idea which to use as I am trying to get the box to fit in a certain spot in my trailblazer. If I go with aero ports what size and length should I use to tune to about 33hz? The box dimensions are 29.75w 14h and 12d

Posted

2 4" round ports, would need to be firing sideways due to the length, length is calculated with the PSP inc calculator.

Posted

Due to port area, with a single 3" you will get really loud port noise, if you are going by Torres look the manual, it says 9-12 square inches of port area per cubic feet of net vol, while this is a cheap rule of thumb it still gives you an idea where it need to be.

Posted

Both round and slot can work, round just save space, just enter your dims in Torres and adjust ports length to get your tuning, if it all fits like in the pic you are good to go.

Posted

This is why few people are willing to work with round ports, anyways three 3" ports 24 3/4" long ( 5 1/2" external and turning like in the pic) and using 5/8" wood except for the baffle would put you around 1.83 cubic feet @34Hz, don't know if it's feasible since I would need to draw it. This is the most space you can get on those dimensions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3064 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...