Jump to content

anyone run components without the tweeter?


LarMoeCur

Recommended Posts

Posted

First post, so I'll keep my long story short. I'm coverting my factory H/U over to RCA via Audio Control Lc7i. I'm going to be taping the signal lines right after the factory amplifier for the doors, rear, and sub channels. I really don't want to complicate my install so I'm planning on leave the three dash tweeters in place for now so my navigation will fuction correctly while music is playing. Really, Im just cheap and lazy! I don't want to buy more speakers and spend the time pulling the entire dash! Anyway, I was thinking about adding componets to the doors when it dawned on me to maybe just run the woofer. The signal will already be processed by the factory amp for mid/mid-bass only so why not just clean that up and roll with it. Adding more tweeters may put my highs over the top anyway. I now thinking about a 6.5 midbass driver. Anyone doing something like that?

Posted

Not enough info. You're adding amplifiers, correct? Will you be amping everything except for the tweeters?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

Sorry, I was trying to keep a long story short, I guess that's why Cliff Notes never got me anywhere in school. Yes adding amps. SoundQubed q1-1200.1 to two 12" Alpine SWS-D4 and a Q4-120 (if they ever come instock) to two 6.5 coax rears and two 6.5 doors. The doors are factory 6x9s that's where I'm thinking about just running a 6.5 woofer. I'm keeping the three 3.5 speakers in the dash (running from the factory amp). I don't feel like messing around trying to blend the signal from the LC7i to get both highs and mids to the doors. Maybe I'm just over think the process.

Posted

What vehicle is this? It sounds like a Toyota truck, possibly. An LC7i is not going to do any "cleaning up" of the midbass signal. It's a line output converter with bass restoration. It sounds like you need JBL MS-8. That will flatten the signals from the factory amp, correct for time alignment, and give you a "clean slate" signal for your amplifiers. It also has an 8-channel amplifier built in, so you can run your dash speakers and rear speakers off MS-8 power, or use external amplifiers. It's a more difficult installation with more to tune, but the results have the potential to be stunning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 923 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...