01 focus sealed off(vid on page 4)

quick question, comparing your seal off to rear firing, did you notice a difference? If so how? I'm wanting to seal off on my rebuild but I dont want to lose the low end that rear fire has.. Thanks

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

quick question, comparing your seal off to rear firing, did you notice a difference? If so how? I'm wanting to seal off on my rebuild but I dont want to lose the low end that rear fire has.. Thanks

I'm my car rear firing sounded like shit.the worst sound in a car/truck I have ever heard. I have way more low end and is way louder sealed off. I will never fire a sub in the trunk again. If done right you will be much much louder and lower sealed off. I can play down to 24hz strong.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I'm my car rear firing sounded like shit.the worst sound in a car/truck I have ever heard. I have way more low end and is way louder sealed off. I will never fire a sub in the trunk again. If done right you will be much much louder and lower sealed off. I can play down to 24hz strong.

Really? In my car rear fire sounded good :( Were you deadened? And do you listen to decaf or more commercial? and 24hz is low lol!!! Also thanks for the reply :)

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Really? In my car rear fire sounded good :( Were you deadened? And do you listen to decaf or more commercial? and 24hz is low lol!!! Also thanks for the reply :)

I only listen to decaf :). And don't have shit deadend at all. I got some spray from to seal the trunk off and some in the trunk lid, that's it

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

I only listen to decaf :). And don't have shit deadend at all. I got some spray from to seal the trunk off and some in the trunk lid, that's it

Well only rattle I have is my driver door. And only real flex I have is front windshield. So I havnt out none in yet. And I would put money that if you sealed off your trunk in the right way it would sound louder and lower then firing into trunk.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Well only rattle I have is my driver door. And only real flex I have is front windshield. So I havnt out none in yet. And I would put money that if you sealed off your trunk in the right way it would sound louder and lower then firing into trunk.

I may just seal off... I want to make my trunk look show ready but also I want the sound quality to be A+ ... I wouldn't sacrific looks for sound but it would be a plus if I can have both which a seal off would be the better option look wise because the way my trunk is shaped. Also I would be able to do more power considering I can hide my battery in the spare tire well and make beauty panels to hide wiring.... Sealing off would give me more flexibility in my choice for my sub stage and trunk layout, but I'm just iffy with the sound quality :/ And since I listen to mainstream, I doubt I'll be diggin in the 34hz range but I would at least be able to play the music and retain the same quality it does from rear firing.

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

I may just seal off... I want to make my trunk look show ready but also I want the sound quality to be A+ ... I wouldn't sacrific looks for sound but it would be a plus if I can have both which a seal off would be the better option look wise because the way my trunk is shaped. Also I would be able to do more power considering I can hide my battery in the spare tire well and make beauty panels to hide wiring.... Sealing off would give me more flexibility in my choice for my sub stage and trunk layout, but I'm just iffy with the sound quality :/ And since I listen to mainstream, I doubt I'll be diggin in the 34hz range but I would at least be able to play the music and retain the same quality it does from rear firing.

I hear you, I'm all about the loud. And looks come after. But I do plan to clean my stuff up much more then what it is now. I just pull stuff out so much and move stuff I cant make it make it permanent yet. I plan to add a 4ch amp and a bigger sub amp and many a 3 batt. So for now it stays how it is.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

That d680 in.

IMG_20140530_104716_335_zpsitymgka_edit_

IMG_20140530_104530_094_zpsl6ffkum_edit_

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a free amp so I sold the brz. Some pics and a bid.

Belva 5000:

IMG_20140612_120626_604_zpszceroddz.jpg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Gave a co worker a demo and set a alarm off. First time was from about 75ft away.

Lol:

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Sealed off trunk

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

Db link remote/ rca

Archived