XXXterra's 2005 xterra build log- PSI 8s, nendo mids & highs, IA & nendo amps, 80PRS- Playing!

Didn't know PSI had 8's.... They look beefy.... 8's are nuts when people hear them.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Made a ton of progress this weekend. Pretty stoked on how much I got done.

Got all my speaker wire ran, and got the IA 6.4 wired up...

http://youtu.be/1VoifafdF1I

EDIT: replaced photobucket vid w/ Youtube vid^

Then re ran my power wire...

In the last build it was run under the truck in conduit and up into the cargo area, had to pull it out

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

Decided to run it across the engine bay and into the driver side grommet (much easier to access and my RCAs run down the left side of the vehicle.

65DA3F88-6CC2-4416-B91B-6EC1DD791DFF.jpg

9D5C6B6B-8FDE-45AF-B00E-1B0328D9B959.jpg

Then got the carpet back in...

IMG_0006_2.jpg

Got to work on the A pillars, no glass (yet?) just used a hole saw to punch out holes for the tweets (soldered up the leads and xovers last night) and did the back doors too...

IMG_0004_2.jpg

Threw the A pillars in the truck...

483527c8-d1b7-4f74-b19f-f89f000e6b4f.jpg

Loaded the doors...

GOPR0078.jpg

Finished running the power wire runs into the cubby where the jack goes (under rear seats, relocated jack to roof box) and got some power to the 6.4 ...

IMG_4237.jpg

Used some double sided tape to secure the tweeter xovers behind the kick panels...

IMG_0013_2.jpg

Got the rest of the interior put back together.

Got the door panels on...

Rear w/ tweeter

IMG_3359.jpg

Fronts, hiding the 8s and still fit perfect!

IMG_3361-1.jpg

Still needs some tuning work, but it is so much louder than with the components!

I feel like I'm doing something wrong since this is getting no love. Maybe I should not make any progress for a while? too bad the anticipation is killing me.

Should be getting glass supplies tomorrow or wednesday. Then starting box on the weekend.

Got my rings made today after class.

Made a ghetto jig, wish I would have done this when making the rings for my speakers, woulda been way easier.

IMG_2884.jpg

One down...

IMG_3995.jpg

Test fitted...

IMG_4001.jpg

Decided they needed to be thicker, so more cutting...

IMG_4003.jpg

Gluing...

IMG_4004.jpg

Done!

9669d0d7-34aa-471f-b8b9-f4795741c0d8.jpg

May have to make myself a ghetto jig for my router as well lol. I'm kinda jealous of how big the pillars are on your gen compared to mine. It's looking nice man. Keep up the good work!

May have to make myself a ghetto jig for my router as well lol. I'm kinda jealous of how big the pillars are on your gen compared to mine. It's looking nice man. Keep up the good work!

Do it. It's not as good as a toolmaker one but gets the job done. Would've worked even better if I had a plunge router.

If you do make one , make sure you mark your radii before you drill the hole where your bit will go thru.

And yeah, that space is nice. Kept me from having to glass. Although I'd like to get an 80prs or seperate processor and do a 3way active front stage with a 4" mid where the tweets are now, move tweets up to where the oh shit handle is on the a pillar. And run the pwx8s as midbass. But that's a whole other project! Ha

Archived