XXXterra's 2005 xterra build log- PSI 8s, nendo mids & highs, IA & nendo amps, 80PRS- Playing!

Love the 8s cuzo. How do you like those crescendo tweets. I was looking into those. I like the look but I'm not sure of the sound.

Thanks man.

I love the tweets. They sound really good on everything, acoustic, decaf, metal, country, edm whatever. They also pair with the 8s much better than a super tweeter would since they will play lower, and the 8s should definitely not be playing up to 5khz (beaming and just sound muddy).

I have tweets hpf at 3.5khz plus the passive xover which I want to say is a 1.7khz bass blocker.

I have the LPF on the 8s for 3.5khz as well. Sounds pretty good but may you with doing a 3way active front stage later on.

But trust me, these little guys are plenty loud especially with more than 1 set.

I'll make a quick vid of playing a few different types of music for you.

Little vid of the mids and highs playing a little bit of everything. Filmed with iphone 5s, obviously sq is not as good as it is in person. But its pretty damn loud and sounds great IMO.

http://youtu.be/V8QIZ4oweCU

Song 1: Riff Raff- Dolce & Gabbana

Song 2: Dillon Francis- Who the Fuck are You

Song 3: Justin Moore- Sunshine Babies

Song 4: Rebelution ft. Soja- Suffering

Picked up some glassing supplies today:

~2.5yards of 1.5oz mat. This stuff is pretty thick

2 gallons of resin

Hardener

2 yards of medium wt fleece

3/8" dowels

Shit ton of 2" paintbrushes

Hoping to get the mold of the cargo area made this weekend.

Just to give you an idea, the box will be molded to the right side of the cargo area in this picture (where the little mesh netted pocket is) and will go over the wheel wheel but will leave the utilitrack usable, and allow me to use the storage hatch in the center of the cargo floor.

HTD-2012-Nissan-Xterra-847.jpg

So I got my area taped off and my first layer of glass down today. This is my first glassing project and this mat is pretty damn thick, definitely not easy to work with and didnt want to stay on the vertical faces. But all things considered, I think this layer will be fine.

IMG_3946.jpg

will try to do 2-3 more layers tomorrow.

Wifey has a 2012 xterra and I wanna glass an 8 as well. Love this build. Giving me ideas

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Very nice man. Are you using chop mat or woven mat?

Wifey has a 2012 xterra and I wanna glass an 8 as well. Love this build. Giving me ideas

Nice, this one just hit 140,000. Nice, the same phantom sounds neos like in your truck?

Very nice man. Are you using chop mat or woven mat?

thank you sir. Im using 1.5oz chop. Thick as crap, when its soaked by resin it weighs a ton, doesn't want to stay on vertical surfaces

Did 2 more layers on the mold on Sunday, so total of 3 layers. It sucked working on it in the truck.

Pulled it out today, and had this...

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

Edges were pretty scary.

Trimmed it up with the dremel...

IMG_4005.jpg

Much better.

So measuring the mold, I've got 24" to work with. So the problem is that each subs OD is 8.5", Aeroport OD is 7.25" and add 1/4" to each side bc of the flush mount rings. So I have to fit 25.75" in a 24" space. Once again 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag <_<

Ill probably give that a shot tomorrow.

Archived