XXXterra's 2005 xterra build log- PSI 8s, nendo mids & highs, IA & nendo amps, 80PRS- Playing!

Little port trick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o78AWA_lvvc&feature=youtu.be

Will get some more vids up as soon as I get everything tuned.

Gains have been set with a DD1.

I still need to pull out the bass blockers from the tweets and resolder the leads without them in the signal path so I can play the tweets lower. I have a gap right now between the mids at 3k ish and the highs at 5k(because of the bassblocker)

Also need to get my time alignment tuned in. I didnt even realize how huge of a difference even the sonic control center on my old H/u made. So that I a definite priority.

sick build man. love how the enclosure turned out. how many cans of that bed liner did you end up using?

Thanks man, I only used about 2 cans. Well I used 2 full new cans and then tried to use the rest of some that I had leftover that was kinda old and it made it splotchy in some spots so I need to repaint it.

looks like those 8's are moving a good amount of air. How are you liking them?

Thanks man, theyre great, they sound super clean and I'm sure will blend into the midbass portion great once i get everything tuned the way I want it. Its just alot less output than my 15s on 5k haha but its nice not having shit breaking and rattling everywhere.

Hell yea looks great. If you dont mind me asking what part of fl you from? Noticed the tag in one of the videos

Thanks dude. Im in Tampa.

Dam, nice to see their are more than a few bassheads in Tampa. You go to any shows?

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Pulled out the bass blockers and got everything tuned in pretty good today.

Sounds so much better now.

The auto Time alignment and EQ worked pretty damn well. Just had to turn down the highs a little bit as they were just getting overpowering at high volume.

Really happy with how everything turned out.

Will still probably mess with the tuning a little more but Im happy for now.

Archived