MyimpalaFinLBS Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Going in the trunk of an impala would like to run it sub up port back with the slot port along the bottom. Would like it tuned to get real low. Amp will be a hifonics brz2400.1. Max dimensions 35 wide, 16 high, 25 deep.
Joe X Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 Trunk cars are subs forward /port forward, subs back /port back or subs forward or back and port firing sideways, even subs sideways and port back in select cases. If you do sub up better prepare yourself for epic rattling and reduced system efficiency.
MyimpalaFinLBS Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 I Don't really have a choice....I'll deaden the shit out of it if I have to. Thanks again
PortSideAudio Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 You might be able to get away with two 15s, but I personally would go with two 12s or one 15 2002 Toyota Corolla Pioneer DEH-80PRS Soundqubed Q1-2200d Soundqubed HDC3.118 Soundqubed Q4-120 Alpine SPR-60 Alpine SPR-60C
MyimpalaFinLBS Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 I bought it.....its a wrap....done real....finito....sub up, port back ftw.
Joe X Posted April 4, 2014 Report Posted April 4, 2014 I Don't really have a choice....I'll deaden the shit out of it if I have to. Thanks again Never be so sure, sometimes this works:
MyimpalaFinLBS Posted April 4, 2014 Author Report Posted April 4, 2014 Have you heard lately that ur the friggin man? I love the idea of that box...
MyimpalaFinLBS Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 What were the dimensions on that box? Tuning? Should I get decent low end out of it? Thanks again!
Joe X Posted April 5, 2014 Report Posted April 5, 2014 I was just pointing out that there's always an alternative, the design above would be hell to build, most likely it would need to be assembled inside the trunk, the sub needs to be reverse mounted almost for sure since the motor would hit the bottom of the box, also bolt it in position would be hard to sat the least if there's car bracing, so you may want to think about it before considering doing it.
MyimpalaFinLBS Posted April 5, 2014 Author Report Posted April 5, 2014 Well...can u throw the design together so I can get a cardboard mock up? Thanks again for the help.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.